Woo-oo!

I got off the bus for the second time today and sighed, thinking of the money in my bag. I did a mental calculation of much money I had in my account and how many of that would go to groceries and such.

"So much for public transport," I murmured. I might have to walk to work next week.

I trekked my way up the hill to McDuck Manor, humming to myself. I did a little dance and twirled. I paused before laughing at myself. Dewey must be rubbing off on me.

I soon approached the mansion gates and could only stare. I knew this place was big, but geez! We all knew Mr.McDuck was the richest duck in the world, but his house sure showed it. I imagine his bills must be a hassle. Or does he even pay bills? Who knows, because I sure don't.

I pressed the button at the gates.

"Yes?" a British-sounding woman questioned.

"Eh- Urm, Hello? Are you a Mrs. Bentina Beakley?" I stammered, requesting the person Donald told me about.

"This is she. And you are?" She sounded very bored with the conversation.

"My name is Marina Duck? My Uncle Donald told me to come here... You have my brothers..."

There was a clicking sound and the gates began to open. I realized there would be another hill to walk up and sighed, straightening myself. I started up the hill, grumbling about the bourgeoisie.

The closer I got to the house, the more I could get a look of it. Some part of this was... almost familiar. Almost. I couldn't put my finger on it. Weird.

I approached the door, and lifted my hand to knock, but the woman, who I presume was Mrs. Beakley, opened the door. She invited me in, and I went inside, getting a good look at the place. It was huge, and all of the furniture looked super expensive.

"Woah," I involuntarily let out a gasp. It was even bigger on the inside. I felt as if just breathing would break something. I then noticed Mrs. Beakley looking at me, and I turned to her, a tint of red flushing my cheeks in embarrassment.

"Oh! I'm so sorry," I held out my hand, "Marina Duck, at your service."

She firmly shook my hand. "Mrs. Beakley is fine."

I looked at her, and couldn't put my finger on why she was so... familiar.

"Is everything alright?" She asked.

"... Have we met before?"

"Ah, I suppose you might not remember," She muttered to herself. I tried to control the shock on my face. Focus, we can unlock old memories later.

"Right. Um... might I ask where my brothers are?" I asked, trying to sound formal. Don't be disrespectful.

"Of course, they should be in the designated play area. Up the stairs, down the left hallway, turn right, two doors to the left of your old bedroom. It has a sign on it, if you don't remember," Mrs. Beakley turned away to leave, before pausing. "It's good to have you back, Marina."

"It's... good to be back, I think..." That's why she was so familiar! I called her 22, for some reason, back then... Oh well, better not to dwell.

She gave me a warm smile, before leaving me to my own devices.

I sighed. 5 minutes into the manor and I'm already retrieving repressed memories. Which is weird. Kind of. This place is so familiar. Did I grow up here? 22 did say something about my "old room." Who knows? Not me.

I walked up the stairs, and went to the left hallway. I swear, if I left work only to walk and walk and walk all day, I'm gonna be pissed.

I took a right and paused. I... recognize this hallway. I continued, ignoring Mrs. B's directions, almost as if my subconscious was leading me there. I stopped in front of a door. It had an old drawing of a weirdly shaped...submarine on it, and a bunch of stickers.