McMystery at McDuck McManor

Slight TW for this chapter: nightmares, a bit of abandonment issues, mommy issues, harsh words from a parental figure (that weren't actually said, but still.) This chapter may be sensitive to some readers, so keep that in mind. Be safe, and don't forget to take care of yourself!

The boys' gift was finally done. 3 months after Christmas. So I decided to save it for a more special occasion. Perhaps the boys' birthday? Or maybe even next Christmas? Who knows. I can wait until the time is right.

What is this gift, you ask? It took a lot of work and required a lot of patience, but it was totally worth it. Now, I don't consider myself an artist by any means. But I'm extremely proud of this.

I had 3 different pendants made, each with a charm and a corresponding color for each boy. The red one, Huey's, was a little book. The blue one, Dewey's, was a miniature sword. The green one, obviously Louie's, was a small jeweler's microscope. I guess you could call that one microscopic. Get it? Ah, anyway.

The main part of the gift is a small wooden chest, with the McDuck family crest on it. I found it in Scrooge's garage and asked if I could have it. He didn't seem to care, which I thought was weird, it having the family crest on it and everything, but okay.

Once you open the chest, there's a photo on the inside of the lid. It's a photo of all of us, the boys, Webby, Scrooge, 22, Donald, Launchpad and I.

Below that it's three little figurines of the boys. Once again, I'm not an artist, but I think it looks pretty good.

Here's where the necklaces come in. Each charm has a little marking on it. I installed a slot into the back of the box. Once all the pendants are in place, there's a knob, above the slots, that you can turn. Once you turn it, a lullaby gets played. Can you guess what it is?

Yes! It's our lullaby. I'm so excited to give it to them. But I will have to wait until the time is right.

I heard a knock at my door, so I quickly closed the box with the pendants inside the box.

"Come in!" I yelled, turning around in my swivel desk chair. "Oh, hey Uncle Donald!" I greeted.

"I'm heading out of town for a bit," he quickly stated. I raised an eyebrow.

"How come? This is pretty sudden."

He nervously looked around. Then turned back to me. "It's Scrooge's birthday. I'm not sticking around for whatever follows. You know how he hates his birthday."

I nodded. He does hate his birthday. "So, are you taking the boys?"

"I was hoping you could get them out of the mansion. Distract 'em."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm gonna go out and get Scrooge a card, and then the boys and I can have a movie night. Sound good?"

He nodded. "Thanks Marina." He gave me a kiss on my forehead, then booked it out of here, presumably to pack. I shook my head.

I pulled on a light jacket, and made sure my hair was still in a bun, before heading out. On my way downstairs, I saw the boys in the living and ruffled Louie's hair. He glared at me, before desperately trying to fix his hair.

"I'm headed out to town, I should be back later. Be good for Uncle Scrooge," I told them, before heading back out to leave, running into 22. "Hey, 22," I looked at her and Webby's suitcases and smiled. "Heading out as well?"

"You know how he gets," Beakley rolled her eyes.

"I'll see you when you get back, then," I told her, before leaving the mansion.