Chapter 3

(Thats how I imagine Gravity,but you can imagine her any way you want cause I know not everyone's gonna agree)

I started going to the library everyday after that.
It's really the only place I can get some peace and quiet cause others barely use it. Plus, spending so much time in here distracts me from my current situation.

I drifted from the adventure section and went to the romance section for a litttle bit.

I was already on the third chapter of the book I was reading when I heard shuffling on the other side of the library.
I moved two books from the shelf so I could see who was on the other side.

I looked to see Danny,Joys older brother with his head held down, concentrating on something I couldn't see.
I tried standing on my tip toes but I still couldn't see.

Curiosity killed the cat, Gravity.

I stood on a chair so my head was now above the book shelf.

And I got a perfect view of what he was holding.

My mothers ring.
Yes, my mothers wedding ring!

How did I know it was my mother's you ask?
You see, when my mother and father got married, my father purchased a very rare jewel to make the ring.

Anyway... that jewel was the last one left on earth.
And now this boy was holding it.

With newfound rage, I jump off the chair and race to the other side of the library. I slipped as I turned the corner but quickly got up and ignored the pain in my ankle.

Dannys' POV.

I hear footsteps and I look up to see that highly annoying girl rushing towards me.
I quickly pocket the ring.

What the hell does she want now?

"Where did you get that?" she practically screams in my face.

Deny, Deny, Deny

" what are you talking about?"

"What am I talking about!?, what am I talking about!?" You know what I'm talking about. How did you get my mother's ring!?"

Mother?

*FLASHBACK*

Do I have a fucking sign on my forehead that says : please feel free to run into me.?

I watch as the girl mumbles out an apology and runs away. You see this, this is why I hate humans.
Except my sister of course, she's an exception.

I shake my head and procede to walk outside to pick up the trash at the back of the orphanage.
At 18 years old, I'm no longer considered an orphan but I have no where to go and I can't leave Joy in this hellhole. And now that I think about it, the whole world is a hellhole.

So I offered to work for them, and in exchange they let me stay here and pay me a very small amount.

It's illegal, but it's a win, win.

I bend down to pick up a piece of trash from the sidewalk when a lady in an orange jumpsuit comes running towards me.

Orange jumpsuit?

" Please " she begins " I don't have much time. My daughter, you need to giv-"

I then hear the faint sound of a police siren. She hears them too and she's even more frightened now.

She then thrusts a rather beautiful ring into my hands.

" Newton" is all she says before running across the street and ducking into the nearby woods.

The police car came into view and I quickly pocketed the ring.

The car stops at my feet and the officer winds down the window.

"Son" he begins.
I'm not your f*cking son I wanted to say but I kept my mouth shut.

"There's a woman on the loose" he says before showing me a picture of the same lady who just ran into the woods.

"She's wanted for murder and is believed to have traveled this way. Have you seen her? "

I look from his face to the picture then I look him straight in the eyes.

"No."

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Gravitys' POV.

I watch in awe as he tells me all this.

It's all starting to make sense now.

You see, the last thing my mother told Danny, Newton, is actually our code word.

After my father died my mother and I made a sort of promise, that if anything ever happened and we get seperated, we would meet at our cabin in the hills, and Newton was always our code word for everthing.

Lame, I know but when I was at my friends house last year and her mother was giving me weird vibes, I called my mother but my friend was right beside me,

So i pretended we were talking about Isacc Newton and she picked me up literally 2 minutes later.

"But why would she leave me?" I say, thinking out loud.

"Your mother was being chased by the police, I doubt that she would want you in that type of situation." Danny says shrugging.

I take the ring from him, examining it.

"I know what you're thinking and keep me out of it."

"Who said I was including you?"

"And leave Joy out of it too!"

Darnit...

And for those of you who haven't guessed let me let you in,

I, Gravity Jones, will break out of this orphanage and track down my mother.

But first......

I need a plan.

The ring^^^_________________________________________________

The ring^^^
_________________________________________________

Joy: don't vote because I wasn't in this entire chapter.

Author : don't listen to a word she says......

*not edited*
So feel free to point out any mistakes....