Chapter 27

(Short chapter)

Dannys POV.

The cup that she was holding slipped from her hands and onto the floor, spilling soda everywhere.
I moved from my seat and went to her. She turned to me with tears in her eyes. I went to touch her and she put her hand up, stopping me.

Then, she ran.
I left some money on the counter and followed her out the door.

"Please don't follow me"

"Grav-"

"No Danny! I- I'll meet you back at the motel in a couple of hours..just-just don't come with me"

I folded my hands and watched her run away, she was going to pull from me, I know it.

But I'll try to give her space.

Gravitys POV.

no mother, no father, no family.

I ran for minutes until I found an empty park. I sat on a swing and started to cry uncontrollably. I stopped for a while but it started again.

I'm grateful that Danny didn't follow me. I could tell that  he really wanted to.

My mother was murdered.

What if the police did it and was trying to cover it up?

What if it was the same person that killed my father?

What if I'm next?

I think back to that blond haired guy I saw at the River.
So much scenarios are running through my mind.

I start crying once again.. I just can't stop. I'm never gonna see my mo- ahh!

I'm startled when I turn to see someone sitting in the swing next to me. It was an old man..smiling at me.....

I wiped my eyes.
How long had he been here?

I asked him.

"Couple minutes...say..mind telling me what the water works are for?

"Umm..."

"You can tell me, maybe I could even help with yer' problem"

"Well, unless you can bring back the dead you really can't help me" I say

He's silent for a while...then he speaks "who died?"

"My mo-mother" my voice is cracked.

Don't you dare cry in front of a stranger.

"Oh" he says and falls into silence again. Which I'm thankful for but he starts speaking again.

"I ain't afraid to die, I just don't wanna be there when it happens" he says.

I look over to him."that doesn't make any sense"

"Ofcourse it does, when my time comes I don't even want to know I'm about to die."

I don't say anything as I ponder his words.

"I'm Gerald the fisherman" he randomly says. "My names Gerald and I'm a fisherman"

Ok....

"I'm Gravity"

"Pretty name..well Gravity, I found a nice piece of jewelry at sea this morning, and since I ain't got no wife or daugter.. you can have it."

"Oh, you don't have to-" I stop talking as my eyes focus on what he takes out of his pocket.

"Where did you find that!!" I look at my mother's ring and he thrusts it into my hands.

"I already told yah"

My eyes scan his clothes... plain jeans and a T-shirt. Is that what a fisherman wears?

"And you're coming from sea?"

"Mhm."

His shoes are spotless...

"Can you lift up your hat for a second?" I ask him.

"Why do you want me to-"

I take my hand and lift off his hat..

Blond hair.