Chapter 29

5 months later.

I stare at myself in the floor lenghth mirror. I have on a pink blouse and a simple pair of jeans, nothing special.

"First day of college!!"

I look behind me to see Kyra, Nia, and Joy at the doorway of my room.

"Yeah...." I trail off and look into the mirror again.

"Oh honey.." Kyra notices the look on my face and comes up behind me." Only 7 months left"

Only?

Danny was sentenced 8 months in prison, but he continued to get time added to his sentence after trying to escape multiple times.
I would have gone too, but he went behind my back and told the police that I had nothing to do with anything.

So they let me free.

They let me free and I came straight here, to Kyra and Jeff.

And now it's been 5 months. The last time I visited him was a month ago. You see, the prison is about 5 hours from here, so going there presents a challenge for Kyra and Jeff who have busy schedules.

So, I go by myself.
I carried Joy the first time I went but Danny said I shouldn't carry her again. He hasn't told me why but my guess is that he doesn't want her in a place like that.

I also cry everytime I visit him. I don't make him see me ofcourse, but everytime I leave I cry on the way home.

"it's 8:00 Gravity, almost time to go" Kyra says, breaking me out of my daze.

Oh right, college.

I'm scared as hell. But the only person I told that is Danny.

How could I not be?

I already know what I want to become.
A nurse,and I want to work with children especially.

I sigh, this isn't how I wanted it to be, Danny and I should be going to college together.

I spend some time on my hair before I turn towards the door and head downstairs. I check the time on my cellphone, shit, if I don't leave now I'm gonna be late.

Jeff is going to take me today, only today. After today I want to go by myself.

Ever since I came back I've never really left Kyras side much. I think it's the absence of my mother that causes this. She's become sort of a mother figure to me, it's been nice to have someone to talk to. But really, no one could replace my real mother.

I still have the ring of course, the police got it back from the man before he was thrown in prison. But I don't wear it. I keep it in a box by itself under my bed. I feel like if I wear it I'll lose it once again.
It's literally the only thing I have left of my mother.

Kyra is the one who takes Nia and Joy to private school so when I get downstairs Jeff is the only one there.
"Ready?" I ask Jeff who nods.
~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~

I stare at the many buildings we pass until the college comes into view.

New way community college.

"You sure you don't want me to walk you in?" Jeff asks and I shake my head no.

I stare up at the building and it weirdly reminds me of the time I stared up at the orphanage walls. That was the beginning of a journey. But that Journey has ended, and a new one is starting.

~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~

The secretary gave me a map of the school and my timetable.
Non of which I even understood.

"New?" I hear a deep voice behind me and turn around to see a tall boy standing there.
He had dirty blond hair which was styled perfectly.

"Is it that obvious?" I ask with a tired sigh.

He laughs, showcasing his very, very white teeth.
"it's ok, I'll show you around"

"Thank youu" I breath a sigh of relief.

He laughs again."Come on"

"I'm David by the way"

"Gravity" I say.

"Wow... a beautiful name to match a beautiful face"

I smile awkwardly.

~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~

"And this" he leads me to an open hall "is the cafeteria"

"Thanks" I say "but where are the classes?"

He motions to my timetable and I hand it to him.
"Great. We have Chem together, follow me princess"

He leads me down a long corridor with labeled doors. Finally we stop at a door labeled 'Pool 1 Chemistry'.

There is only a handful of people sitting in the large room. A boy who is sitting at the very back waves at David who pulls me by my hand.

"Hey Babe" David says to the boy.

Oh?

He suddenly remembers that I'm there and turns to me.
"Oh,Alex this is Gravity. Gravity, this is my boyfriend Alex" The black haired boy smiles at me.

"Hi" I smile and he nods his head before turning back to David.

I take a seat beside them look around the room.
The room had slowly started to fill but the teacher isn't here yet.

"Hey do-" I turn only to find them kissing, not paying attention to me at all.

~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~

David, Alex and I are the only ones sitting at our table, everyone just passes and looks at them weirdly.
Assholes.

David nor Alex seem to notice. Or maybe they notice and just don't care.

"So Gravity" I look to Alex. "Do you have a man In your life?"

I nod "Yeah, I have a boyfriend"

"Nice. Does he go here?"

"Nah, he's in Prison"

But there eyebrows raise as they look at me skeptically.

And so I begin to tell them my Story..

From the very beginning.

_____________________________

Note: next chapter will be the very last chapter of this book.