Chapter 20

"Hey you remember when I said I wanted to take you on a date?" Danny asks as we walk to Jeffs house one Friday evening. We've been here a week, and I plan to leave on Monday. It was good to rest for a while.

"Yes?"

"Well, can I? Tomorrow, I have enough money now"

We quit our jobs today after collecting our paychecks. It was only a week but at least we have some money in our pockets.

"Really? Where are we going?"

"Suprise" is all he says.

"But how should I dress?"

"Anyway you like"

" I'm going to spend the rest of the day with Joy" Danny says when we reach the gate.

I smile, he's been doing that everyday.
~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~

I wake up in my own bed the next day,The only thing that greets me is a note with some money beside it on my bed.

Get yourself something to wear.
-D

I can't help but smile as I look at his terrible handwriting though.

I shower and go up to Nias room. She lives here, she should know where all the clothes stores are.
I ask her and she excitedly calls Joy and before I know it we're out the door and headed down the street.

Jeff and Kyra went out so neither of them could drive us.

"So what do you have in mind?" Nia asks as we enter the Store.

"I really don't know, Danny didn't tell me anything."

She holds up many clothes which are either too short or too long. Then I spot something on a mannequin I really like. It's not amazing but it's simple.

                         "What do you guys think about that?" I point to it

"Yessss" Nia and Joy say at the same time.

So I try it on. My hips are a bit wide so it looks a little different than it does on the mannequin.

"Do you think he'll like it? I ask as I step out of the changing room.

They nod their heads vigorously.
●●●

"And....done!" Nia says as she spins the chair around so I can look in the mirror.

After 2 broken combs, a shit ton of hair products, and a flat iron, my hair looks...nice, and....different.
My once very curly hair is now pin straight.

"You like it" Joy asks

"She should" Nia says."I feel like Dwayne Johnson the way your hair gave me a workout"

"I do like it, thanks"
Suddenly Kyra comes barges into the room.

"Nia have you seen-oh hi Gravity, You look nice"