Chapter 17

Dedicated to Bi_EverywhereOnMe .

You could imagine the shock on Mrs.Lues face when she came home to find 3 teenagers at her dinner table.

Her husand pulled her into the kitchen to 'talk'.
Meaning, to explain why there are 3 kids eating down her house.

There was food I didn't even remember existed. It was definately a change from our regular 'meals'.

As for Joy, when I approached her she said she would rather talk to Danny.
I would be lying if I said it didn't hurt.
But I have to accept it, no matter what we've been through together she wouldn't see me as family.
It was always her and Danny. I only came along recently.

And the one person I wouldn't like to see me as family does.

Come to think of it, I should have expected it. When he holds my hand he does it as if he's taking his daughter to preschool.

We were only a year apart for Gods sake.

The mumbling in the kitchen seemed to die down, and a minute later Mrs.Lue and Jeff came into the dining room.

"Well.." she said and trailed off, not knowing what to say.

"Make yourselves at home" she plastered an obviously fake smile on her face and left the kitchen.

Well, I can understand. Imagine if your husband took 3 stray kids home one day without telling you. Not that I'm complaining, Jeff has a heart of gold.

~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~

"Ok,so you and Danny will have the two downstairs rooms and Joy and Nia will have the others upstairs" Jeff explained to me.

"Speaking of your daughter, where is sh-"

The slamming of the door cut me off.
A  girl walked in. She had blonde hair with the ends dyed blue.

She looked to be about 16 years old, a year older than Joy.

"It's 5:00" Jeff said to her. "Your classes ended two hours ago."

"I got detention" she shrugs it off like nothing.

"For the third time this week?"

"I-" she paused to scan the room, only now realizing that we were there.

"Who are they?" She didn't say it in a rude way,but it was obvious that she was a bit uncomfortable.

"I'll explain later, but they're staying with us. Just for a little while"

"Okay......" she said but it came out as a question.

"Jeff!" We heard Mrs. Lue shout from upstairs.

"I'll be back" Jeff says before sighing dramatically and making his way upstairs.

"I'm Gravity" I say, neither Danny nor Joy were making any move for introductions, so I did.

"And that's Joy and that's Daniel"

Joy waved shyly and Danny just nodded.

"I'm Nia, but my friends call me Ashley, don't ask me why, I know they don't sound anything alike"

"Nia!" I heard Mrs.Lues voice again.
Nia didn't even answer.

"Um your mom's calling you" Joy said.

"Pft. Kyra's not my Mother, she married my Dad 3 years ago"

"Nia, don't you hear your moth-  i mean Kyra calling you"