Chapter 10

(Please report any plagiarism on this story!)

I look at Joy as she tells us the story of her escape,
About how she left the orphanage a day ago and have been looking for us ever since.
It's crazy that while we were looking for her, she was also looking for us.

As she finishes the story Danny hugs her for the 10th time which is a weird sight as I've never seen him hug before.

She suddenly pulls away as if remembering something.

She looks over to the other side of the Diner and I also look to see a boy with dirty blond hair watching keenly.
Joy waves him over and he immediately gets up like he was dying for her to do so.

I look at Danny who looks at Joy skeptically, confusion clear on his face.

"This is Sam" she says once the boy arrives at our table. "He also escaped. He's the one who helped me"

"Sam this is Danny, and that's Gravity"

Sam holds his hand out for him to shake but Danny just looks at the hand then back at Sams face, then turns away.

Glaring at Danny for his rudeness I reach over and shake Sams hand.

Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Danny glaring at Joy.

This was not gonna end well.
~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~

I turn my head away as I see a police car drives past.
Thankfully, over the last couple of days, there were less flyers of our faces around town.
Giving us a little more freedom.

We were now walking down the street.
All of us, including Sam. Much to Dannys dismay.
I couldn't just leave him behind, he helped Joy.

I look beside me to see Sam and Joy talking excitedly, Joy being so into the conversation that she almost runs into a pole.

Ahhh, young love.

I look to Danny whos looking at Sam like he's planning his murder 100 different ways in his head.

We finally make it to the train stop.
Danny had bought a map and we actually knew where we were going. Our next stop is May town.

I look to Danny to see his hands are shaking just slightly. Is he nervous?

I'm dragged out of my thoughts by the sound of the train.
With one extra person now, we would have extra expenses.
All our money will be used for the train tickets.
What will we do when we get to May town?
Well, when that bridge comes we'll cross it.

We pay and take our seats.

I suddenly smile.
Joy was here and we were now a step closer to finding my Mom.

I sigh happily and lean my head onto Dannys shoulder. I watch as Joy looks at us then does the same to Sam but Danny quickly reaches out and seperates them.

"No" is all he says sternly.

I chuckle.
~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~

By the time we reached May town, it was after 5 in the afternoon.

We were happy to be off the train and stretch our limbs.

We still had a long way to go, but for now we needed a place to rest.

We passed a shelter but it was full to capacity.
We literally have no where to go now.

We had just giving up when a woman rushed towards us. She said she had a found an extra bed.

One bed.
~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~

The four of us were squished together on the small bed. Danny was going to take the floor but I advised against it as it was very dirty.

Sam and Joy were at the head of the bed while Danny and I were at the foot.
I had to keep my legs tightly closed to make more space.

Danny was suprisingly already asleep, A frown etched on his face. His hair falls over his eyes slightly, I just want to reach out and push it aside.

I shake my head to get rid of those thoughts and tried to turn but almost fell off the bed.

Ok, maybe I should just stay put.

The mattress was very uncomfortable, but that didn't bother me. We were one step closer to finding my mother. We had found Joy, or rather she found us. Everything was starting to look up.

Or was it just the calm before the storm?

_____________________________________________

Question : Are the author notes annoying?

I hope we reach 100 reads soon.