Chapter 14

"Okay, so we take this road here, no that one,jeez  what is this?"

Sam was about to give up when he realised he was holding the map upside down. Danny rolled his eyes while Joy giggled.

"Okay, I got it now"

And off we went.

The flowers that Danny had given me had wilted, but I managed to save one yellow hibiscus and I wore it in my hair.

While walking, we found an orchard of apples.
My stomach grumbled at the sight as we haven't eaten since... I can't remember.

The problem is, there was a high fence with a sign saying Stay out! on it.

"We can't just trespass" Joy said.

I took off my backpack and threw it over the fence.

"Oops, looks like I have to go get my backpack now, I'm sure the owners will understand"

I think Danny might be rubbing off on me.
As of my realization last night...
I should probably tell him, but I don't know how.
I though about ways it could go in my head.

"Danny I like you"

"Cool, same"

Or

"Danny I like you"

"Ummm"

I've never been like this, like some little kid or wattpad girl.

I remember reading books on wattpad when I was 8. I even tried writing my own, but deleted it when I saw it wasn't getting any reads.

Maybe I should write a story about my life, cause boy has it taken a turn. It would probably be called 'Gravity'.

A girl can dream.

"I'll help you up"Danny said "you do need that backpack"

I climbed unto him and over the fence. I didn't think he was gonna come with me but he did, after telling Joy and Sam to lookout.

"Fill the bags as much as you can" I told him.

We picked the apples which hung low, filling the bags as much as we could.
They got too high for me to reach so Danny let me climb on his shoulders.

I let him hold the bag while I picked.

I was mid pick when I heard the sound of a gun cock.
Danny heard it too, and as he spun around I fell off his back.

"You dang theives, always stealing my apples"
A mans voice shouted.

He was nowhere in sight, but he must have been close.

Danny and I looked at each other.

   "Run."

We ran as fast as our feet could carry us.
Danny was in front of me, but when I heard a gunshot I ran faster and was in front of him.

I saw the fence now, and Sam and Joy were looking at us with worried faces.

"Run" I shout but they don't seem to hear me.

"Run, fucking run!!"

We managed to jump the fence and continued running with Joy and Sam in front of us.

We just can't get a break can we?

When we were furthur away, we sat under a tree and begun to eat the apples.
When we had enough we begun to walk again.
~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~

We walked a long way and I was just about to combust when Danny shook my shoulder and pointed to a sign ahead.

Welcome to Lakeville.

____________________________________________

Gravity: vote, cause why not?

Sorry for the short chapter but I had to end it there. But...

Prepare for Drama!