Chapter 24

(1K reads!!!! Thank you!!!♥♥)

We don't speak as we mount the canoe.
Where did Danny get it anyway?

I don't ask.

The water is pretty calm. Our only source of light is the moon.

Our bags put alot more strain on the canoe. Danny start rowing and I take an our from him and help.
This river should lead out of this town, the question is, which town will it drop us in.

Which remids me..

"Danny, Didn't we have a map?" I whisper.

He seems to ponder it. I speak again.

"I'm pretty sure we had a-"

BANG!

Holy Shit!
An actual bullet just whizzed past my head.
So much for everything going to plan.

"Fuck!" Danny exclaims as we paddle faster.

I lool towards the doc to see the person shooting the gun. It was a man. He wasn't in a police uniform, so why was he shooting at us.

I'm too far away to make out his face, but why does his light blond hair seem familiar?

BANG!

Another one!

Luckily we turn a corner just in time. The currents are stronger here, and we don't have to put so much work into rowing.

We let out a deep breath at the same time.

Then.....
I start laughing.

Yes, I actually start laughing!
I guess I've escaped death so many times that I have to laugh in his face.

Danny shoots me an unimpressed look. I don't blame him.

A roll of thunder causes me to seize my laughing immediately.
~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~

The scenery has changed dramatically in the last hour. Instead of trees, small houses lined the bank. It was no longer so dark. However, the air felt pregnant with rain.

I hope it didn't rain. That would ruin all our plans.

A little while after I thought that, I felt droplets on my face.

"We need to hurry" I said to Danny.

Because heavy rain and small boats do not go together.

Third Person POV.

"It's only a trickle" Danny thinks to himself as he looks up at the sky.

Just then, there was a clap of thunder, causing Gravity to jump.

The rain starts coming heavier, and before she knows it, Gravity is soaked.

The river gets unruly and starts swaying their boat from side to side.
Danny tries to use the oars, but they appear to have no use to him now.

Suddenly, in a huge downpoar, the sky shed all its burdens in the form of large droplets. It lashed upon the River even more and soaked them to the skin.

Gravity felt for Dannys arm and clung to it. They could only barely see, for their heads were numb with the force of rain.

Danny moved closer, and it was then he realized that Gravitys neck was bare.

"The necklace! The ring!" Danny says to Gravity, but the sound of the rain drowns out his voice.

"What did you say?!" She says and Danny gestures to his neck,then hers.

Then she realizes....The necklace is gone!

"Shit! Fuck!" She curses in her mind. The rain must have swept it away...

And while she was upset, she knew that wasn't the main concern. They had to get to safety.
Danny however...had other things in mind.

"Don't worry Grav. I'll find it" He says before diving into the water.

Was this boy out of his mind?! She thinks as she pushes her wet hair out of her face.
She doesn't see him anywhere and starts panicking.

She loves Danny, ofcourse she does. She's never been in love before, but this has to be it. The way she feels around him.... She's sure of it.

The question is... what about him?

Cowards, they both are.

Too afraid to admit their feelings to each other.

"Danny!!!" Gravity shouts. Her heart beat quickens.

Selfish! Thats what he is. What does he expect her to do if he dies? Her heart would shatter! Jewelery is just a material thing.

Suddenly, she sees a hand stretch towards the small boat, then another.
Danny!

He climbs into the boat, the rain a little less heavy now so she can make out his words.

"I didn't find it" he says.

But Gravity only hits him on the head.

Then,... she hugs him.

Then,....she kisses him.

"I love you" she blurts out suddenly and her subconscious immediately scolds her.

He's quiet... and she looks down."you don't have to say anything.... actually, please say something!" She exclaims.

By now, the rain has died down a little, but it's still a lot more than just a trickle.

He stares at her for a while, then lifts her head up.

"Gravity" he starts and her mind goes into a frenzy.

Gravity, I'm sorry, I don't feel that way as yet.
Gravity, aren't you moving too fast?

"I love you too" he says. "Don't you see? Nothing truly made sense until you came into my life... thinking of you keeps me awake at night"

Gravitys eyes widen as she registers his words.

"Look, despite the fear and uncertainty, I want you to know that I love you, I'm here, and I'm willing to see all of it through as long as we're together. So fuck whoever thinks we're moving too fast!" he finishes.

She looks up at him, smiling. And he takes this opportunity to dip his head down to kiss her.

The sun has now come out of hiding, and the river was no longer raging,

but they were too lost in each other to even notice.

________________________________

Hi!!!

Hope you guys liked this chapter.

Remember that vote button, colour the inside orange for me ;)