Chapter 11

(pic above is Joy. I've changed her cause people said she was too young)

Sunlight and hunger awoke us the next day.

The good thing about this place was, it had a shower and it also provided breakfast.

We ate and headed on our way.
It was starting to get a little cold now, we had to find my mother before it started to snow. That would just make it harder for us.

We were following the Map which was very confusing, but we eventually got it.

We stood with our thumbs held out, hoping that someone would give us a ride.
When 10 minutes passed, we decided to walk.

By the 3rd mile, my feet were crying out in pain, but one look at the ring on my finger reminded me just how close we were, so I continued.

Danny, however, looked like he was about to collapse any second.
He's been looking really sickly since last night.

"Let's rest" I suggested looking at Danny.

We sat under a large shady tree.
Sam and Joy sat to side talking to themselves, Danny obviously too tired to even care.

"Danny, what's wrong"

"Nothing"

"Daniel, I know when somethings wrong"

He sighed. "I'm sick. I'm not sure what it is but... I feel terrible."

I sigh sadly.

"How long?"

"Couple days now. Been trying to hide it..Can't anymore.." he forces out

"Why didn't you say something?"

"Didn't want you to be worried" he says

A tear slips down my cheek and I quickly brush it away before anyone could see.

"Do you want to rest for the night?" I ask and he nods.

"Okay" I put my hand on his and lean my back against the root of the tree.
I look over to Joy who was listening to something Sam was saying. She looks like she doesn't have a care in the world.

I didn't even notice when I drifted off to sleep.

~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~

"Gravity, Gravity!"

I shoot up to the sound of my name being called to see a very frantic looking Joy.

She points to Dannys body which was shaking like a leaf on the ground, his eyes still closed.

I bolt up and feel his body but immediately draw my hand back.

He was Ice cold.

"Danny, wake up" I shake him and his eyes shoot open but his body is still shaking like crazy.

"Danny, come on" I say trying to get him to sit up.

"Can't... move" he says

I look to Sam and Joy. "Wait here" I say to them before starting on the road, in search of anyone who could help.

I didn't realize that I was barefoot until I felt the stones digging into the bottom of my feet.

But right now I couldn't care less.

I had finally reached a small town and went up to the first persons I saw. But no one would even listen.

"Get away kid"

"Do not touch my Jacket!"

"I don't have any money!"

I was looking around frantically and pulling on my hair when I saw a neon sign.

Pharmacy.

I rushed inside, it was pretty empty thank god. Only a handful of people were inside.

I rushed to the counter.
"Help, please" I said to the pharmacist "My friend, he's sick."

"What are his symptoms"

"Well, he's shaking and he's really cold. He's also feeling pain"

She nods and leaves.
She then comes back with a bottle in her hands.

"What you're describing to me sounds like Angina"
She says. "It is caused by stress or a bad lifestyle- not eating properly, not getting enough rest and so on, this will help"

She hands me the bottle.
"That will be 30 dollars."

I sigh "I don't have any money"

She takes the bottle from me

"I'm sorry but I can't give you this then"

"No pleas-" I'm interupted by someone else calling her.

I look at her then look at the bottle.
In a haste, I grab the bottle from off the counter and run.

I almost reach the door when a hand grabs unto my dress.
I look to see the pharmacist.

"Hand it over" she says.

I've started to cry now, a rare occurrence.

"But-"
I'm interupted by a male voice behind me.

"I'll pay for it" I turn to see a man who looks to be in his early 30s.

The lady raises her eyebrow but gives me the bottle anyway.

"Thank you" I say looking at the man.

He smiles and I give him one last look before running off.

Something tells me I will see that man again.

~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~

After giving Danny the medicine, he had managed to sit up and he stopped shaking. His body however, was still cold.

Joy and Sam managed to go back to sleep after some time.

"I actually thought I was gonna die" Danny says

"Don't say that"

"I was scared. For the first time in a long time I was really scared Gravity" he says.

"And I was even more scared that I wouldn't get to tell you-" he stops, catching himself.

"Tell me what?"

"Nothing... it's nothing."

"Dan-"

Once again I'm interupted.
But this time, it's by an oh-so familiar voice.

"Well, look what we have here"
I turn around and see the face that maches the voice.

Summer.

And she's not alone.
Beside her stands the same waiter that spilt water on me, still in his uniform.

"You thought you could get away didn't you?"she says, her gaze directed to me.

"Well, let me tell you something" she pulls out a gun from her hoodie pocket and we all visibly stiffen. "I am never going back to jail. "

"Oh and look" she says looking to Joy and Sam." You have company"

"Summer, listen-"

" Shut up!" she hissed " now, if you all just follow my instructions, no one will get hurt."

___________________________________________

Author: vote if you want to!
Lol

Also, tell me what you think about the book so far and thank you for giving it a chance.

Till next time,

- Kadi

Question: What's your favorite song?

   (sorry for any grammer mistakes will edit soon)