Chapter 23

I woke up before Danny. Before anyone in the house really. I got up slowly and made my way to my room then to the bathroom.

The hot water does little to relax my body.

We're going to turn ourselves in today, they'll likely give us more than a year. It wasn't even us that assaulted that police officer. It was Summer, I don't even know where she is.

I think back to yesterday, when Danny and I went to the river. Our little date. I had not a care in the world. Just Danny and I in that little canoe. I must say, that River is quite hidden. Where does it even lead....

Wait....

I turn off the shower and quickly put on my clothes.

~▪~▪~▪~▪~

"What are you saying Gravity?"Danny says still half asleep.

"Think about it,the river, the bushes"

He looks at me weird.

Arghh  my boyfriend can be really stupid sometimes.

boyfriend.......damn.

"Don't you see?! That's our escape!" I exclaim.

He's fully awake now and staring at me wide eyed.

"But we don't even know where it leads.." he says.

"Yeah but we can at least take a chance?.."

He looks at me and smiles, a not so rare occurrence nowadays.

"That's the Gravity I know and-"

"What?" I say

He throws a smile my way and changes the subject. "We should talk to Jeff"

~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~

I wait for Danny to finish showering. By now everyone is up but Kyra has already left.
She's a doctor so she works on a Sunday.

That leaves Only 4 of us to discuss my plan.

"You guys sure about this?" Jeff says when Danny and I try to explain it to him.
"Not even I know where that River leads"

"We'll take the chance" Danny says and Jeff looks at me.

"And you're agreeing to this?" He asks me

"It was my idea" I say.

"But lastnight..." he trails off "okay... I'm not going to tell you not to do this. I can only warn y'all. My friend, he's an officer. He told me how unruly the officers up at Northbridge are... they may shoot on sight"

I gasp. What?

"That's illegal!" Joy spoke for the first time.

Jeff shrugs. "And in my opinion a couple years in prison is better than death" he says.

Ok, I know Jeff is looking out for us but I don't think he quite understands. I said I would turn myself in lastnight because I thought there was no other way... now that I've found a way I can't just give up now.

"I've made my decision, we'll leave at midnight. There's already a canoe and oars"

"Midnight? That's too predictable y'all should leave in the AM hours." Jeff says before getting up.

"I have to go down to my store now, but when I get back we'll plan this furthur"

I nod and he leaves.

It was then I looked over to Joy.
She had tears in her eyes.

"Hey" I nudge Danny. He follows my sight and sees Joy.

"Go talk to her" I say and leave.

That is a family moment, I won't interfere.

He later comes back to his room and sees me on his bed.

"She ok?" I ask.

"She'll be alright" he says, clearly sugarcoating it.

"Are you scared?" I ask after a while.

"Yep"

I shift my position and lay my head in his lap. He doesn't protest so I stay there. He starts to play with my hair and I don't think he even realizes what he's doing.

"Me too"

~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~

2 AM.

It's quiet, like really quiet.
That is, until everyone woke up. Including Kyra and Nia.

"Why are you guys up?" I ask.

"You thought we would let you guys go without saying goodbye? You must be crazy!" Kyra says.

They walk us to the back door.

"Wait!" Kyra says before going into the house and coming back out with a bag.

"I've packed some food for you" she says.

I hug her and put it in my backpack.

"Now..I can't walk with you guys cause most people around here know my face" Jeff says before taking out a envelope from his pocket and gives it to me.

I look in it and see some cash.

"Thank you Jeff, ahh I'll never forget you"

Don't cry....
Don't you f**king cry Gravity....

Danny bends down to hug Joy and whispers something in her ear to which she nods.

He shakes Jeffs hand and goes to shake Kyras but she bats it away and hugs him.

I go over to Nia and hug her.

"I hope you find your Mom Gravity" she says.

"Thanks Nia"

I hope so too.

We leave and start walking towards the gate.

"Gravity! Gravity!"

I turn to see Joy making her way towards us. Oh, I wish she wouldn't shout.

She reaches us and holds out her hand.
I squint a liitle then I see it.

My mothers ring.

"You left it on the bed" she says.

What?...
I left it....

I take it and hug her.

I take off the necklace that Danny bought me and slip the string through the ring. Which takes a while since it's still dark.

I put it back on and the ring dangles along with the moon pendant.

I'll never take it off until I find my mother.

Danny hugs Joy again then tells her to go inside and she does.

He takes my hand and we make our way to the river, in hopes of avoiding capture.

_________________________________

This was just a filler, but I hope you still like it.
Fillers are important to the plot.

Thanks for reading!

The vote button...... It calls to you...
Don't ignore the call

Till next time, byeee guys♥