Chapter 21

The sight in front of me was breathtaking.

"How did you possibly find this place?" I ask Danny.

"A couple of days ago, was walking to clear my head then I stumbled upon it"

He then took my hand and led me closer. The lake was as flat as a mirror, with the sun shining reflecting off it beautifully.

As we got closer, I saw a canoe with a picnic basket in it.

"well?" Danny said while scratching the back of his neck, a nervous habit of his.

"You've really out-done yourself Daniel King" I chuckle at his nervousness.

He visibly relaxes."come on" he leads me into the canoe."have you ever been in one of these before?"

"No, but I've been on a ship" I say.

"Quite different"

"Why did someone plant those bushes there though? It's almost as if they want the lake to stay hidden" I say but Danny just shrugs.

"Ok are you comfortable?" Danny says before he starts rowing.

"Yes, but..umm..don't you want help?" I gesture to the oars.

"No, I'll do it"

I cross my legs and open the basket and see sandwiches inside.

"Did you make these?"

"Joy and Nina" he answers.
~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~

We were very far from the dock, and clouds blocked the sun for us. Danny stopped rowing, and we were floating on the water while eating.

Danny stands up, but the boat starts shaking.

"Woah" he says and sits back down.

I look around, we're the only living things in sight. Well, the trees are living, but you know what I mean. It's just so...calm.

"I love this" I say to Danny and turn to look at him but he was already looking at me.

Cue the butterflies.

"Love what?"

"This. This date, this lake. I wish I could stay here forever, It's like,.. it's like- we have no care in the world."

"I know what you mean..." he says." Gravity?"

"Yeah?"

"Have you ever thought about what happens after we find your mom? I mean, us finding her doesn't take her off the Wanted list, the police will still be looking for her, and all of us"

I sigh, yes I have thought about that, but instead I say "let's not talk about that now, today is about us"

"Right" he says "so what do people talk about on dates?"

"I'm not sure, in the books that I've read they mostly kiss"

Lie, I know.

He laughs and comes closer, the boat shakes a little but we ignore it.

He pecks me on the lips, barely touching "like that?"
I could tell by the mischievous smirk on his lips,he knows what he's doing.

I couldn't take it anymore, I launch myself at him, totally unlike me. I will regret this later.

"No, like thi- holy shit!"

The canoe turns over on its back, catapulting us into the water.

Good thing my father taught me to swim at a young age, I didn't see the point but now...
And I don't even know if Danny can swi- wait...

"Danny!" I call.

"Boo!" Someone whispers in my ear from behind  and I almost jump out of my skin.

I turn to see Danny laughing at my reaction. A couple months ago this boy never even smiled.

He soon sobers up. "You made the canoe turn over"

"Yeah...." uhh how embarrassing.

He swims closer and puts my hands on his shoulders.

He looks at me, the kind of look that gives you butterflies,
and now I've become a full storybook girl.

I'm soaking wet-my body I mean and my hair has returned to its curly Miranda-like form.

One of his hands reach up to push my hair out of my face.

"I like it better this way"

"Wet?" I ask

"No, curly"

"Oh....."

"Gravity...will you be-" Danny starts off but I remember something.

"The food! It's all wet now"

"Yeah, it's no use looking for it, just help me turn the canoe back over."

"Yeah... wait. What were you gonna say?"

"Nothing"
~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~

You could imagine the looks that were thrown our way as we walked through the town in soaking wet clothes.

"Maybe we should-" I stop in my tracks to see a very frantic looking Joy and Nia running towards us.

"isn't that Joy" Danny says "and Nyla?"

"Yes, and it's Nia...I wonder what's wrong?"

"Right...Nia" Danny says to himself. Sigh, he's never good with names.

They finally reach us, breathing heavily.

"We've been looking for you" Nia says." You guys need to come home, Now!"

She then proceeds to pull on my arm.

"Wait," I stop her "What's the matter?"

"When we get home you'll see... but you guys are in deep mud!"

Danny and I look at each other.

We just can't get a break, can we?

_____________________________________________

Nia:vote if.... you know what just vote.

Ship names?
Please don't say Granny:(

Also, smut or nah? (Please comment it's urgent lol)

Also,7 people read the last chapter but only 2 voted... :(