Chapter 22

Third Person POV.

Danny and Gravity had gone out, Joy and Nia were upstairs watching TV.

Jeff and Kyra could finally have some alone time.

"You wanna-" Jeff started to ask Kyra but he was interupted by a knock on the door.

"Where Daniel and Gravity here already?" Kyra thought to herself as she turned from Jeff to answer the door.

When she opened the door, it was Dylan, Jeffs policeman friend.

"Oh hey Dylan, what brings you here?" She asked.

"I'm afraid I have some bad news Kyra" he replied."can I come in?"

She frowns but nods and opens the door wider.

She leads him into the living room.

"Hey Dylan" Jeff says.

"Hey Jeff, umm I need to talk to you both"
~▪~▪~▪~▪~

"Ok, so I'm gonna be real with you" Dylan says after they were all seated in the kitchen. "Words been spreading."

"What word?" Jeff asks.

"That you are habouring criminals here" Dylan says.

"I-" Jeff says but Dylan cuts him off.

"Now I'm not gonna ask you if it's true or not, hell I shouldn't even be here. But you're my pal Jeff."

Jeff and Kyra look at each other but say nothing, so Dylan continues.

"The Northbridge officers, they informed us. Apparently they got a tip from an unknown individual, saying that they've seen the two escapees going to and from your house on a daily basis."

He leans in closer.

"They've set up patrols on every exit, there is no escape"

Jeff runs his hand down his face.
"All this because of a couple of burgers that they stole?" He asks.

"Is that all they told you? They assaulted an officer Jeff, knocked the lad out cold with some kind of wooden chair. Stole his uniform too. You know that's a serious offense." Dylan says.

Assaulted an officer? Jeff thought to himself. Gravity nor Daniel had told him about this. 
He thought-

"And I'm telling you this out of friendship" Dylan begins as he gets up to leave "Don't make them try to escape, word is that they're coming up here to look the day after tomorrow, that's Monday. Some officers may shoot on sight, you know how unruly they are up at Northbridge"

And he's gone.

~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~

Gravitys POV.

You can never outrun your past.

When we arrived home, we were pulled straight to the kitchen, where we all sat.

I listen as Jeff tells us what happened when we were out. During all this time, I had forgotten we were wanted criminals. How could I?

He was also very upset that we didn't tell him about the part of us assaulting an officer and stealing his uniform.

My question is, who tipped off the police?

my chest tightens in realization,

I'm going back to Northbridge.
I won't see my mother.
This was all for nothing.

The reality was a huge kick in the balls.

"Don't worry Gravity, I'll think of something" Danny whispers to me.

Jeff heard, and looked towards us.

"I don't think that's a good idea Danny, they've covered all exits. There's no escape"

"We have to turn ourselves in"

Everyones eyes turn to me. I ignore the glare and utter a barely audible goodnight and head to my room.

It's not long before I hear footsteps behind me.
Danny ofcourse.

He catches me in the hallway.

"What do you mean turn ourselves in Gravity? You of all people are saying that?!"

"I'm tired, Danny. Phyically and mentally exhausted. I can't-..... there's nothing we can do"

I turn and walk into my room, closing the door behind me.

Right now, all I want is a hug from my mother.
A mom-hug I use to call it.

There's nothing more comforting than a mom-hug.

~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~

I don't know what time it is, but my guess is that it's after midnight.
I haven't slept at all.

I wonder if Dannys asleep. I don't think he even wants to see me right now.
I toss and turn until I eventually get up and make my to Dannys room.

The door is slightly cracked, as if he knew I would be coming.
I push it open and see him laying on the bed looking up at the ceiling. He hears the  movement and sits up to look at me.

"Couldn't sleep?" He asks.

"No, it looks like you couldn't either" I answer and sit on the edge of the bed.

"So.. we really gonna turn ourselves in?" He says after a while.

I nod "we have no other choice...not this time"

more silence, but Danny soon breaks it.

"Gravity?"

"Yeah?"

"I.." he pauses. "I realy care about you"

"I really care about you  too Danny" I say.

We were both avoiding a certain L word.
Did I L word  Danny? I..I don't know......

"Gravity?" He pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"Would it be bad timing if I asked you to be my girlfriend now"

"Yes and no"

"Well, will you be my girlfriend? I've actually been trying to ask you all day"

"Yes Danny. I'll be your girlfriend. " I chucked despite everything.

"I wanted to ask you in a special way"

I look at him
"hey it doesn't matter, we're not some characters in a book you know" I say, repeating the words he always says to me.

This makes him smile, a rare occurrence.

He pulls me down to make me lay on him, my back pressed against his chest.

And in that moment we seemed to forget that we would soon be in prison.

We stayed like that till morning.

______________________________________________

Ok, so I've never cried while writing.
But for some reason I cried while writing this?
My username seems quite fitting now lol.

Sigh.. my children are growing up, and my first creation is coming to an end.

Just vote please, I can't think of a reason right now.

Oh, I updated the final character list, go take a look.