Chapter 28

(Note:you might want to read over chapter 27 just to refresh your mind)

(Will edit soon, so just ignore those grammer mistakes;))
●●●

Dannys POV.

It's been 3 hours and Gravity hasn't been back yet.
I know she said she would take a couple hours but... I'm starting to get really worried.
When my parents dead I was devastated, and did pretty stupid things to try to ease my pain.

Non of which worked.

That's it, I'm gonna l look for her.

I exit the motel and start walking in the direction that I saw her run.

Now, I was just planning to check if she was ok, so you could imagine my suprise when I walked for an hour and didn't find her anywhere!
Literally no sign of her.

I came up to a small playground that looked to be abandoned.  And that's when I saw it.
A shoe.  Her shoe....

But no sign of her.
~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~▪~

There's an answer
If you reach into your soul,
And the sorrow you know will melt away.

I look at my feet as I hum the song my mother taught me. One without a shoe.
I'm currently tied up in some place that looks like an abandoned house or something of the sort.

The last thing I remember was him taking a rag from his pocket and putting it over my face.
I only woke up about an hour ago.

I have no idea where the man is, and theres no way out.  I've tried everything. You know I'm not the type to give up, but you know I've lost hope when I start singing.
Danny must be lookig for me, worried sick.

And then a hero comes along,
With the strength to carry on.
And you cast your fears aside,
And you know you can survive.

Huh, I don't know about that.

So when you feel like hope is gone,
Look inside you and be strong.
And you'll finally see the truth-
That a hero lies in you.

A tear slips down my cheek as I remember the day my mother taught me this song. I can't wipe it away because my hands are tied.
I had fell off my bicycle and she sung it to distract me from the pain as she disinfected the cut.

It's a long road
When you face the world alone,
No one reaches a hand.
But you can find love
If you search within yourself,
And that emptiness you felt,

Will disappear...

And then a-

I stop singing when I hear footsteps.
And then, the man comes into view.

"Beautiful song"

"Fuck you!"

The imbecile laughs.

"Fiery...just like yer' momma"
My head snaps up to him.

"It was you.... you killed my mother!"

He actually looks confused for a second but quickly recovers.

"Ha! I knew your mama, really well too. But I didn't kill her. I thank whoever did though, saved me the time" he says.

"I don't believe you"

"I did kill your father though, the old fuck owed me money and didn't want to pay!"

Wha-