40: courthouse pt 2

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬," 

~🌙 ~

"I have evidence right here!" 

I could not believe it. 

The enemy herself showed up to save the day. Our principle burst through the courtroom doors waving pieces of paper in her hand. She was out of breath and hunched over from what seemed to be a rush. 

"Ahhhh~ I knew this would happen," Sunghoon said with wide smile. 

"What makes you think so?" I chuckled at his satisfied self.

"My mother said the principle knew she wouldn't win this case in her favour, but only played the part to satisfy Mr Kim,"

"Why didn't you tell us that?" Jake whined, "We've all been so nervous!" 

Sunghoon put his hands up in defence. 

"She still said she would expel us, so I couldn't be sure. But now, she is here and will save the day," he cheered lightly. 

"I really hope so," I sighed and turned back to the scene unfolding in front of us. The principle came forward and presented the evidence to the judge. As always, the lawyers were fighting over its credibility. 

They all conversed for five minutes before coming to a decision. Amy's lawyer shook his head in disagreement whilst our lawyer was looking rather triumphant. Could this be the turn around for us? 

"With new evidence in light, I have decided to reevaluate the case and carry on with the trial," 

The three of us groaned and slumped backwards in our chairs. Audible murmurs could be heard from behind us, probably coming from our parents and the other guys. 

"Since we have wasted an hour already, I will not be calling a recess," the judge started as he addressed the room, "We will call Park Jongseong to the stand to testify." 

12:16pm

Me? Oh fuck, it's my turn. 

My heart shrivelled into my stomach, nestling itself in my other organs. My stomach churned and my lungs were working overtime. The sweat dampened the inside of my suit and I could feel my blonde hair sticking to the skin on my forehead. Whatever was going to happen, I needed it to end in our favour. 

I had to win this for my friends.

I swore on the book whilst eyeing Kim Amy, who sat quite ironically in front of me. She looked smug, but her eyes told a different story. She looked panicked, as we all did. I found joy thinking that the enemy was faltering. We could finally attack and take down this bitch for good. 

Thinking about it know, I felt embarrassed to have fallen for her tricks a second time. I felt disgusted that my sadness was used in an excuse to better her grades. I knew that my feelings towards her were true with the cause of the situation, but how did I not know? Was Amy that skilled of a con artist. Was she so good at acting that the truth bended towards her way?