One

Yes, yes... Praise be unto me for blessing everyone with the very first real chapter of MSSGB! Now go rejoice, read, and enjoy! :D lol

* This chapter may contain grammatical errors and typos. *

* * * * * * *

[Two Months Prior]

Before anyone asks, I've decided not to dorm at the university. Firstly, I'm very insecure to have to share communal baths and secondly, I don't want to be partnered with someone whom I can't get along with. My solution? I talked my parents into letting me get an apartment close to the school.

It took a while to do just that, actually, because they said that getting an apartment for me would cost way too much - much more than having me dorm at the school itself. But I've suggested a condition that was good enough for them to at least reluctantly agree to having me rent an apartment.

That condition was for me to take in roommates.

Honestly, I had no objections. My only problem with dorming was the use of a shower, but if I got an apartment, I can make sure that there would be at least two bathrooms for everyone to share. At least I wouldn't have to shower with anyone.

Yes, I actually made a big deal about that. I'm honestly very... not ashamed, but I don't take pride in my body because when put against someone, I'm pretty sure it won't win. I'm not fat, but I'm not exactly thin either. I guess what I expect at those dormitories would be these god-like men who are built like statues... like the David. But I'm not one of those. I won't be able to survive in those dorms.

I don't actually start classes until August, which is about two months from now so my parents have decided to give me time to find roommates. I currently live in a three-bedroom apartment alone and it actually has a bathroom for each bedroom, which was definitely a plus. However, if I can't find anyone to share the rent with me, I'd have to move out and go to the dorms instead.

That or I can forget about going to Berkeley and just finding a community college that's much closer to home - more like fifteen minutes away. Honestly, that's not the best option because while I honestly think that Pierce College is a bad school, it doesn't really have the best public reputation. In fact, my friends used to think that if you go to Pierce, you've hit rock bottom.

The criticism is too harsh, but I admit I used to think that way too before I decided to take a precalculus class there before my junior year of high school. After that class, I thought that they actually had a pretty nice campus. I can't say much for the other classes, but the one I took wasn't bad either. Not really the best professor, but at least I learned something.

I really don't want to let go of Berkeley though, so I have to try my hardest to find a roommate. In my hand, I held flyers for the two vacant bedrooms. I walked across the campus to find bulletin boards where I could post them in hopes of finding someone who would be interested.

I checked my watch and saw that I had time - not just time today, but I still had two more months before I really had to move into a dorm. I took my time in walking from board to board just so I could take in the scenery.

I've gone to UCLA for a visit before and it had been one of the most beautiful campuses I've ever seen. After taking a good look at the buildings around here at UC Berkeley, I gotta say it holds its own beauty. I can definitely get used to waking up everyday to see everything around here and feel the cool breeze blowing almost year-round. Being that this campus is up north, the weather is almost always pretty cool. Add to that the fact that it's so close to the ocean.

There were a lot of people scattered about as I walked to my next destination. They were still in their summer session and were trying to get to their next class. I walked by with a smile and a nod of acknowledgement as I passed by them and almost all of them did so with a welcoming feeling.