Twelve

So chapter twelve was split into two parts... Sorry, I didn't have time to write the full chapter! Anyway, I figured I stopped this at the right time. Each chapter will get its own theme... Enjoy! :)

* This chapter may contain grammatical errors and typos. *

* * * * * * *

I woke up with a sore throat and an IV needle stuck on my arm. I was also on a ventilator and there a couple of wires attached to me, which were connected to a machine that monitored my heart rate. The constant beeping of the machine filled the room.

Josh and Tom were sitting right beside me. Josh was doing something on his phone, probably playing a game or texting someone, while Tom was just sitting back on his chair. His head was down with his hands folded loosely across his lap. His legs were spread out under my bed. Josh's mood was more lighthearted. Tom's, however, was completely the opposite.

He had a look of guilt on his face as if he was blaming himself for what happened. I didn't blame him. It wasn't his fault. It was probably no one's fault too because I'm sure Tiffany had no idea that I was allergic to peanuts either.

I did tell both Tom and Josh about it when they came over to look at the rooms, but people make mistakes and Tom probably just forgot to tell Tiffany that I couldn't eat peanuts.

My eyes weren't open wide enough for the boys to notice that I was already awake, so they continued to do their thing. I couldn't really speak because my throat felt horrible, so I tried to catch their attention by raising my hand. It still took a lot of effort for some reason.

I felt weak.

Tom was the first one to say something.

"Jay?" he asked, jumping up from his seat to reach over for my hand. He sat closest to my head, so it was easier for him to get to me. Josh looked up from his phone too and put it away when he saw that I was conscious.

"Are you in pain?" Josh asked. What was once a look of amusement on his face from what he was doing on his phone turned immediately into a look of concern.

I shook my head. My throat was sore, but I wasn't in pain. I just needed to drink some water to hydrate and relieve some of the ache.

"Do you need anything?" Tom asked. I raised my hand to my throat, hoping that they get the sign. I looked into Tom's eyes. "Your throat hurts?"

I nodded and then made signal asking for water.

"You want some water?" Tom asked again and I quickly nodded. Tom turned around to go to the table behind him. There was a pitcher of water and a stack of paper cups on the side. He poured me a glass. Meanwhile, Josh moved closer to my head.

"You gave us quite a scare, Jay," he said with a faint smile. He placed his hand on my head and gently brushed my hair. Tom went around the bed to my other side and help me sit up so I could drink some water. Thankfully, the whole bed automatically reclined up so it didn't take much effort.

Tom held the cup to my mouth and tipped it back slightly so I can drink. The feeling of the water rushing down my throat was refreshing and soothing. It took away some of the soreness, but it was still lingering.

"Thanks," I croaked. My voice was still somewhat weak and cracking because my throat close up as soon as it came into contact with the peanut, but I was still able to be heard. He just smiled right back at me before walking away again so he can throw away the cup.

"You should go ahead and get some rest," Josh suggested, giving me one final brush through my hair and sitting back down. I was immediately in love with these two with how much they care about me. They were like my servants, at my feet.