Nine

Well, I warned you guys that this book will be a slow build, so please be patient with the development of the story! Hopefully this chapter doesn't bore you! Enjoy! :D (btw, a little surprise in the end... ^_^)

* This chapter may contain grammatical errors and typos. *

* * * * * * *

I was shaken awake by the loud, sharp knock at the door, causing me to jump from my position on the sofa. The knock was then followed by Tom's rushed footsteps as he tried to quickly get to the door to answer it. I figured it would be the deliverymen.

As soon as Tom opened the door, we were greeted with two large, sexy-looking men carrying pieces of the bed frame. Their uniform was a light-blue polo shirt that highlighted the size of their biceps. I couldn't stop gawking.

"Delivery for a Mr. Tom Trujillo?" one of them said with their deep voice that did naughty things to my body. I shivered at the sound, but I remained quiet as I stood behind Tom. I wasn't small, but his larger frame almost completely blocked out the view of the hot men.

"That's me," Tom said, holding out his hand so he could take the clipboard that the man in front of us held in his hand.

My eyes went straight to the man behind the one that asked for Tom and I think he saw me staring because he sent me a quick wink. I couldn't help but blush, because I wasn't really used to that much interaction with good-looking people. Tom was too busy signing the paper that the man handed to him, confirming the delivery.

"Okay, we only have the pieces for the bed frame with us right now. The mattress you ordered is still in the truck," the unnamed man said listing off the things in his head as Tom handed him the clipboard again.

"Great, well, you can go ahead and put those right in my room through here," Tom gestured. As he moved back, I stepped out of the way so he didn't crash into me. The two men holding large, long boxes followed Tom into his room and they set the box down by the door.

"We'll be right back for your mattress," the burly man who winked at me told Tom. I stood waiting right outside Tom's room, not wanting to get in anyone's way. To be honest, I was still excited for Tom about getting his new bed, but I tried my best not to let it show because I knew he was going to try to use it to insult me again.

The deliverymen stepped out of Tom's room and headed for the front door so they can go to their truck to get his mattress. Just as they stepped out of the front door, Tom turned to me with a frown on their face.

"Don't even, Jay. They're too old for you," he scolded. I scoffed, rolling my eyes. He didn't have any say in what I fantasize about. Those deliverymen might be hot enough for it to be illegal to look like that, but dreaming about doing things with them was as far as I would've gone.

Plus, even if I did want to hook up with one of them, I'd be allowed to. I'm 19, just a couple of months shy of 20, which makes me old enough to make decisions for myself. Tom's younger than me by about a year and nine months. He's only 18 and a half.

"The last time I checked, that doesn't concern you," I glared. "I can do whatever I want, Tom," I continued. The fact that he doesn't like it when I check others out but doesn't admit to himself that he likes me pisses the shit out of me. If he can't bring himself to break up with Tiffany and tell me he likes me, then he has no right to control who I check out and go out with.

I turned away from him and walked to the living room, plopping myself on the couch. I took my phone out and played around with it. I heard Tom huff.

"Whatever," he muttered before going to the dining room and sitting on the seat that was closest to the front door so he can easily wait for the guys to come back.