Ten

Like I said, there are a lot of things to look forward to in this chapter, even though I'm not entirely proud of how everything was put together. I still hope you enjoy! :D

* This chapter may contain grammatical errors and typos. *

* * * * * * *

Tom

I sat at the corner of the living room playing with my Legos as my father walked back from the front door with a man I didn't know. It was his day off from work and so he was with me while my mom went to work. I had no idea what the other man was doing at our home, but I've never seen him before:

They walked through the doorway from the foyer and to my horror, I could not believe what I was seeing in front of me.

My dad was kissing someone who wasn't my mom.

What's even worse was that he was kissing another guy.

- - - - - - -

Jay

We quickly got out of the house and walked downstairs to my car. Tom and I haven't really gone out together for pleasure, so almost everything was new to me. We didn't have anything in our agenda but to have fun and to get out of our boredom.

Sure, about a year ago, I've been on dates with Grant, but this "date" with Tom was much different. Different with the fact that none of us has really seen much of Berkeley since we got here. Now that I think about it, we moved here at almost the same time. He probably got settled a bit earlier seeing as he had to be here when the summer session started.

It was kind of surprising how he went two months without ever going out in the city. Nevertheless, I'm glad I'm going to be seeing everything around here for the first time with Tom.

"Alright, where are we going first?" I asked as I unlocked the car and started to climb in. Tom followed and did the same.

"Let's go grab something to eat first?" he asked. "How about the café?"

"Sure, I could use some coffee right about now." I nodded before turning the car engine on and pulling out of the parking lot to drive towards the café.

We got there in just five minutes and to our surprise, there were a lot of people than usual. I clicked my tongue as I started to look around for a parking space. Tom did the same and swept the streets, determined to find one.

"This is going to be impossible," I groaned. The café didn't have a parking lot, so we were stuck with trying to find a spot out on the street. We were kind of unlucky, since apparently, two o'clock on a Tuesday afternoon was a busy hour for the shop.

Five minutes later, we eyed a car that was leaving and I quickly, probably unsafely, rushed to get there so I could snag the space. Success.

"Well, I guess it wasn't that impossible," Tom teased, opening the door to get out. I scoffed in mock offense as I got out. We walked together to the doors.

"What do you wanna get?" he asked as he looked over the menu.

"I'll have a regular coffee and a tuna sandwich," I said in deep thought, calculating exactly how much that would cost. Finding out the total, I pulled out my wallet only to be stopped by Tom's hand.

"No, no, it's good. I got this," he said with a reassuring smile that definitely made me want to jizz in my pants. Of course, I was able to keep myself from doing so. He gave me a pat on the shoulder. "You go on ahead and just find a table for us."