Seventeen

Über sorry for the late update! I've been sick... :/ I'm still coughing pretty badly, actually.

* This chapter may contain grammatical errors and typos. *

* * * * * * *

Jay

Josh and I did nothing but watch The Fosters when Tom left for his class. Honestly, I don't know why he chose to have a class on a day when Josh and I don't. We could have done something fun together instead.

"Hey, Josh," I called out, my eyes still focused on the television.

I heard him mumble a 'hm?'

"Who did you talk about with Tom?" I asked. "Girl problems?"

"Yeah, it's so stupid. I've given her all my attention all this time, but... Well, let's just say my efforts were all for nothing," he said dejectedly.

I turned my eyes away from the TV and looked back at Josh. I was still sitting in front of the coffee table, so I had to turn my body around. When I saw him, he was also still laying down on the couch, but he wasn't watching the show anymore. He was laying down with his head on the arm rest, pillowed by his hands as he stared right up to the ceiling.

"Why do you say that? Did she say something to you?" I asked.

His face fell just a little bit.

"I confessed to her, if she was still oblivious to my feelings," he began. I stood up from my seat and moved closer, choosing to sit on the coffee table right in front of Josh. "I mean I don't even think we can be friends after that."

"Why? What happened?" I asked eagerly.

"Well, first of all, as I was explaining my feeling, I immediately saw a look of distaste on her face - it was as if she was grossed out." That was kind of angering, because Josh looked nothing close to something gross. But then I guess that's subjective.

Josh looks like Tom to me, so obviously I'd find him hot and sexy. It might not be as much as Tom, but still hot and sexy.

"Her exact words after were 'Ew. Really?' So I just left."

Aw, Josh's very first heartbreak. Given his looks and killer personality, I thought he'd be the heartbreaker. Of course, not intentionally.

"It'll be fine, Josh. You don't deserve someone like her anyway," I said, trying to comfort him. "You'll find someone better."

"Yeah. It's too bad you're already taken," he said out of the blue and winked right at me, taking me aback. I blinked in confusion and tried to deflect it as a joke.

"Riight," I teased. "I don't think Tom will be very pleased to know that you're interested in me too." I winked back at him.

"Yeah, probably not."

There was a bit of an awkward silence between us until he decided to break it.

"You wanna test that theory?" he asked with a hopeful tone in his voice.

"U-u-uh... I-I don-" I stammered.

"Relax, Jay, I'm just kidding," he chuckled clutching on to his stomach. "What you and Tom have is wonderful. I'm glad he finally manned up and came out."

"Yeah, I just don't want his own family to turn him away when he comes out to them. The fear is very familiar to me and I couldn't deal with it. It's really difficult especially if you really know that your parents are homophobic," I explained.

"Well, whatever happens, I'm sure my family will be accepting of his sexuality. I'll on your your guys' side," he said, beaming with a smile and I smiled back in gratitude.