Six

Okay, so there's a short flashback to a small scene from the first book so that those who haven't read it will know what I'm referring to. If you want to skip over it, just do so. The flashback is the big chunk of italicized words.

Also, I updated early! Yay! ^_^ Enjoy! :D

*This chapter may contain grammatical errors and typos. *

* * * * * *

I was not prepared for what I saw as soon as I opened the front door to my apartment. It was as if my breath hitching wasn't enough as a response to the sight in front of me. I felt like I needed to throw up.

Of course, i did exaggerate a bit when I said they were playing tonsil hockey in front of my front door, but they were kissing as soon as I opened it. However, it didn't keep me from feeling like my heart really was ripped out of my chest and stabbed multiple times.

But no, as soon as the door opened, they were only just leaning is to give each other a peck on the lips and it only lasted for about a second. They pulled away soon after with a familiar smacking of the lips as they did so. I blinked in surprise, doing a really great job of masking my emotions.

"I'll see you later, Tiff," Tom said with a smile. "Thanks for dropping me off."

Okay, so that's why she was there. I thought she was going to be present the whole time Josh and Tom looked at the place and probably also during the "interview" I had planned to get to know them. It gives me some sort of relief to know that she's leaving so soon.

I gulped loudly out of nowhere and Tiffany seemed to have heard it far better than when I opened the door. She turned her head and her eyes caught mine.

"Jay! I haven't seen you in a while!" she said happily. She was also in my AP Literature class back in senior year, but I never befriended her because of her relationship with Tom. I wanted so much to tell her of Tom's real sexuality, but I figured it won't do me any good.

I wasn't that selfish and Tom can do whatever he wants. I made my choice to reject him and he's making his own choice to choose her.

"Oh, hey, Tiffany," I greeted, trying to sound just as cheerful. It probably turned out all stiff though because I heard a suppressed chuckled from Josh behind me and I could practically feel him smirking at the back of my head. My eyes did all kinds of crazy things just to avoid Tiffany's eyes because it would have made me feel more uncomfortable aside from her presence in front of me with Tom.

"Okay, babe, I gotta go. You won't need a ride later, right?" she asked Tom. I winced at the term of endearment because I'm not sure if she knows that she's only being played. Again, I might be wrong because Tom still could be bisexual at this point. I still kept my mouth shut because it was none of my business.

I didn't hate Tiffany. In fact, I pity her because Tom would leave her in a heartbeat as soon as he found someone he likes. Much like how he acted with me when I confirmed to him that I was gay. Tom was trying to 'win' me as if he wasn't already taken by Tiffany, and that's why I decided to choose someone else who wasn't already in a relationship.

"Nope, I'm good. Josh here can bring me back to the dorm," he said nodding over to his cousin who was still standing right behind me.

"Hello, Josh," she greeted with an even bigger smile. I saw her face soften a bit as she said his name. Something was going on between these two and she was doing an awesome job at hiding it from Tom.

Josh just nodded back though, not feeling the need to actually say something in response. Before Tiffany could start talking again, Tom turned to her and gently pushed her in a shooing manner. It wasn't in an offensive way though.