Twenty Four

This is probably a shitty chapter, but it's an update nonetheless. Enjoy! :)

* This chapter may contain grammatical errors and typos. *

* * * * * * *

Grant

I winced at my throbbing head. Everything was black and I couldn't see anything, nothing made sense. There was a faint hum in the background along with a frequent beeping sound. No one talked, I couldn't hear anything else.

There was a blunt pain on my forehead along with a ringing in my ears that only made me feel dizzy. Where the hell was I?

I felt a light touch against my arm, it brushed up to and down to my hand. A sniffle followed. What the hell was happening? Why couldn't I open my eyes? I tried with all my efforts to do so, but they wouldn't budge.

I was starting to get frustrated that a low growl rumbled in my throat. One more try. Slowly, my eyelids started to lift. Thanks to the faint lighting in the room, it made everything a bit easier. It wasn't a painless task, but it wouldn't have been worse if the lights were bright and everyone was talking in the small room.

My mom was sat right next to me with a worried face. It was her hand brushing against my arm. As soon as my dad saw that my eyes were open, he took the open seat to my other side.

"We're so glad you're okay, Grant," my dad said, holding my other hand with a grateful smile.

I tried to lift my head from the pillow, but it stung.

"Just, lay down for now. We'll get the doctor," my mom commanded. She looked to my dad and he nodded, standing up and walking out of the room.

"What happened?" I asked seriously.

"Do you really not remember?" she asked. I shook my head. "Well, try driving under the influence for one," she snapped. I knew she wasn't angry or mad. She was very disappointed at what I've done.

I tried to think back to what might have happened. I was in a car crash. After an early Thanksgiving party with my friends. I may or may not have drunk too much before I left, wanting so badly to see Jay.

My boyfriend.

"What were you thinking, Grant? Why would you drink so much? Why would you even be here at the hospital?"

I just thought the maybe if I go here, I'd find Jay. I guess that means I made it to the hospital on my own then.

"You crushed the driver of the other car, Grant! His boyfriend and family are pissed," she said. Well, at least his family's fine with having a gay son. I don't know if mine would be.

"I'm gay," I stated as if it were nothing. My mom's eyes widened.

"What?" she asked. Before I could even answer, my dad walked in to the room with a doctor following him behind.

"Good evening, Grant," the doctor smiled. "How are you? Sore?" He chuckled, walking closer to the bed.

"My head hurts," I complained.

"Yup, that'll happen," he said matter-of-factly. "Maybe next time, you'll think twice before drinking and driving, yeah? Poor Jay's suffering in the other room from his injuries. We don't want anything like this happening again, okay?"

I nodded.

"Great! Okay, I'll prescribe some painkillers for you head and you should be good to go in about a couple more hours of rest. You didn't hit your head too bad thanks to your seatbelt and the airbags so you shouldn't have a concussion. Do you have any questions?" the doctor asked.