Nineteen

I'm so sorry this took so long! But I'm really planning on speeding up the updates to this story so I can start on the sequel to The Betrothed. Enjoy!

* This chapter may contain grammatical errors and typos. *

* * * * * * *

Two Months Later

Jay

It was finally time for a break from school! The last two months were all pure reading, schoolwork, and well... Tom. God, after that whole situation with Tiffany, Tom was wise to avoid her completely. I heard as soon as the Monday after hit, she was like a leech towards Tom. She shouldn't just leave and let him go.

Tom on the other hand openly told her to fuck off. Whenever Tiffany would go where he was, he'd pack everything and move away. At least Tom knows not to mingle with the devil. I never understood Tom's anger and hate towards her after she put me into anaphylactic shock. But after drugging Tom and putting his life in danger, I knew how he felt, how he still feels.

While we may have a few days away from stress from schoolwork, there was now stress from home. Since Tom couldn't come out to his family when they visited us before school started, he planned on telling them this time around over Thanksgiving break.

"You all packed and ready?" Tom asked as he zipped up his bag. The drive back down to Los Angeles would take us about six hours. It was currently five o'clock on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.

I nodded and I lifted my bag up to show him in response. "Yup. Let's go get Josh."

Tom and I walked out of our room together. While I went ahead to knock on Josh's door, Tom went ahead to the kitchen to make us some coffee.

"Josh? You ready?" I asked, softly knocking on his door. I listened closely for a response but nothing came. That was until Josh decided to fling his door open, causing me to jump in shock. I stumbled backwards, almost tripping on my feet and falling to the floor. Luckily, I caught my balance. "Damn it, Josh," I hissed, trying to calm my rapidly pulsing heart.

Josh stepped out with a raised eyebrow. "What's up with you?" He asked with a knowing glint in his eyes. "Yes, I'm ready." He carried his backpack on one shoulder and his eyes were immediately focused on his phone immediately after. I shook my head and scoffed, walking back to the kitchen to meet up with Tom and the freshly brewed coffee.

"He's such a jerk," I mumbled to Tom as he fixed his coffee to his liking. He just shook his head with a faint smile on his lips. I poured my own travel mug with coffee almost to the brim ignoring Tom's careless response.

"Was that just brewed now?" Josh asked, walking in to the kitchen.

"Yup, but there's not enough for you, I'm sorry," I said, smirking as I poured the rest of the coffee pot in my mug. It almost overflowed, but I made sure to drink a bunch of sips just to make it fit and irritate Josh.

"You're such a coffee junkie," he whined. Josh snatched the coffee pot from me and turned back to the coffee maker.

"Hurry up, Josh. We gotta get on the road," I teased as I poured some creamer in my mug. I added a couple of teaspoons of sugar and tasted it.

Perfect.

I went ahead and screwed the cap on my mug and shutting the mouthpiece closed to keep the coffee warm.

Because we were only going to be gone for four days, we didn't have to bring much stuff with us. All we had was our own large-sized backpack to fit all of our clothes and some chargers and other essential things for the super long weekend.