Twenty Five

Um... Surprise in the end? :3 Enjoy!

* This chapter may contain grammatical errors and typos. *

* * * * * * *

Jay

"I wanna talk to him," I said sternly. I saw Tom tense up and his eyes harden with anger, but it doesn't last. They immediately turned soft and pleading.

"No, baby," he begged, reaching out to grab my hands in his once more, bringing it close to his lips. "Please, don't talk to him anymore."

A nurse briefly knocked on the door and peeked her head in, looking around at us. "The police will be coming in soon to get your statement," she announce.

"Thank you," my mom said before the nurse retreated and gently closed the door. That suddenly gave me an idea. I looked down to Tom.

"Baby," I began. " Don't worry, he won't hurt me. I think all he needs is closure. The fact that he left without telling me was enough closure for me, but maybe he wasn't over it enough to leave me alone. I have to talk to him or else he'll keep coming back."

"That's why you're going to give the police your statement; so they can prosecute him," he explained.

"Tom, it's either I talk to Grant or I don't meet with the police at all," I stated, giving him an ultimatum.

"W-what? No! After what he did to you, you're going to let him get away?" he exclaimed. "You have to talk to the police!"

"Then let me meet with Grant. I'll be fine, Tom." I shook my hand off of his grip and placed his lightly on his cheek. He leaned into my palm. "You can come in with me if you want, but it's not like he didn't sustain injuries himself--"

"He didn't, Jay. He might have a bit of a hangover, but he came out of his car scratch-free," he argued.

"Regardless, Tom. I'm sure his family's with him. Why can't you just let me see him? What's keeping you from letting me talk to him?" I asked. I watched him closely and waited for a response. He furrowed his eyebrows, but his eyes remained soft and glossy. I blinked. "You seriously can't be jealous of him," I asked, shocked.

"I can't help it, Jay! I lost you to him once, I can't let that happen again," he cried. A single tear fell from his eyes and trailed down his cheek.

I hear some rustling and whispered voice. Everyone else was leaving the room deciding that our conversation was meant to be made in private. I silently thanked them for that.

"Tom, if you really love me and believe that I truly do love you, you'd trust me. How can I still run to a man who's so desperate that he rammed his car into ours when I already have someone who loves me? Some who I also dearly love?

"He's deluded, Tom. I was naïve back then when I fell for him. I thought I was in love and I thought he loved me. My love for him... it wasn't real. But you... you're different. You're it for me, baby. That is, if you feel the same way."

He hopped off from his seat and launched himself into me, being careful not to hit my injured arm or put too much pressure on my ribs.

"I'm sorry, Jay. I know you love me. I love you too, but I just didn't want you to face him again. He hurt you so much before, Jay. He hurt me too, when he took you away only to break you heart. I don't want you to go through that again."

"I won't, Tom. I promise I won't let him hurt me. I just want him to know that nothing more can ever happen between us again and to leave us alone. Please, baby. Just let me talk to him," I begged once more, hoping to gain his permission. He buried his head in the crook of my neck and I placed my palm on the back of his.