30. What Life Has Thrown At Us

Evan's POV ~
" Mom, I am so sorry. I wish I had spent more time with you. I feel really terrible now" I told my mom, shedding a few tears.

" Don't hold onto past. Now you are here with me. I cannot stay for long. But I want to talk to you about a lot of things" she said wiping my tears.

I have done many mistakes in the past. Many. But having my mother by my side isn't one of them. I am grateful for what I have. I want to live in this moment, with my mom... Forever. My life wasn't easy at all. I did not know what is happening around me. My dad cared about me at first. Till I started asking him questions he couldn't answer. His behavior was never good. He tried to make my mom the "bad guy" infront of my eyes. And I believed him too. But in actual fact, he was a complete scumbag. Abusing my mother, and all those horrible nights when I heard her screaming. I was too young then. Too young and naive . Whatever my dad told me to do, I obeyed him. And then... He brought some other women in our house, he made me believe she is my mom, when in actual fact, my mom was dying , suffering, just to stay with me. As usual I believed my father, and lived a life, with no meaning .My mom ran away. She couldn't believe her own child doing this to her. She couldn't take the betrayal.

After she left, my dad's behavior started to change. Now that my mother was not by her side, he took out all his anger on me. Abused me. Mentally and physically.. This had a bad effect on me. I wanted to contact my mother, but knew nothing. I started picking up fight with everyone I saw. I wanted to improve but couldn't. But every thing changed when I went to high school. I had good people surrounding me. I wanted to become a better person. Went to many therapist. I thought of changing myself for my mother, but then one day I met Elena. With multiple thoughts in my mind, I started living my life. I had my own personal matters. My mom. My life. On the other hand, there was Elena, who somehow attracted me towards her even if I did not like this new feeling -

" Evan..!, EVAN!!" My mom shouted and I came back from my dreamy world. I shook my head and she laughed a little.

" what were you thinking about son, or rather I should say.... About whom were you thinking?" she asked me with those air quotes making me go red.
I smiled and looked at her closely. She is too precious for me... For me and Lena.

" nothing mom. Just.. Thinking about situation right now "

" don't worry about that. You are making me sad. By the way, you know Elena very well, better than me right?" she asked me with hopeful eyes.

I scratched my neck " I wasn't close to her at all mom. I think you should tell me about her. She is your partner after all. "

" why do you want to know about her my child " she smirked at me..
I went red" please mom.. This is embarrassing "

" how much time till you get discharged mom, I want to take you home and take care of you "

" soon. But this place seems peaceful. " she smiled
" Its pretty late Evan. This much time has passed and I didn't even realise. I think you should go now. "

" Mom... I don't want to leave you alone. Suddenly I feel like, never leaving you " I told her holding her hand.

" I am not leaving Evan. Go home, eat and sleep. Don't worry about me. I need to take rest too. Mr and Mrs. Rossie will be here tomorrow and I need you " she told me.

What is she planning now. And why her parents. What deal now. I nodd and stay there for sometime and leaving after checking the security properly.

Maddie's POV ~

I know you clearly son. The way you were looking at her, the way you looked at me when I first told you who is my partner, everything. Even if I have missed a huge part of your life, I am your mother. And I know you.

Our choices match very well. Both of us like the same girl, but you, in other way. I know both of you. I know what you want. As for Elena, as much as I want her to be with you, it's her life. But thinking about her denying this proposal, breaks my heart.
I don't want to force her into this, but my gut feeling tells me, they will be good for each other. I don't know what has happened between them, but I want them to be in good terms.

I did not lie when I told about Mr. Rossie and my deal.. I really want Evan and elena to be together. Evan will accept it. Because I have seen the look in his eyes whenever I mention elena.

I will try my best to make this work. You have a very private life, I want to give you the happiness I never gave you. I want to bring you out of that shell you are hiding in. On the other hand, she is broken. I have seen the determination when she said she wants to spend her life alone.
I cannot see my children like this, sad and broken. One is my blood child, who has never been happy at what life has thrown at him. On the other hand, my child, who is not related by blood, doesn't want happiness. I know how it feels. Even if the situation is not same. I will try my best. And will make this work.