35. Sister Talks

" Quick, tell me what happened.. Did Evan try to confess.. Oh god I'm dying. Why aren't you saying anything" Ali was asking me loads of questions since we got free time to talk.

Sitting on my bed in comfy clothes, I was repeating the conversation earlier. Overthinking.
Suddenly I felt someone pull me.
" Ouch, what was that for.... It hurts" clearly I have a small scar.

" you were not listening to me. I am impatient" she hissed at me

I sighed. I don't know what to tell her. I did not give him a chance to talk at all.

" I told him this marriage means nothing and we will not interfere in each other's personal matters" I shrugged and told her.

She widened her eyes.
" so... That means. That. You guys will not even try to make it work" I nodded slowly. Not daring to look into her eyes.

" Lena look at me" she cupped my chin " why are you doing this huh? Give him a chance atleast" she told me with her pleading eyes

" What chance do you want  me to give him. You clearly know what happened between us. H-how he hated me. You know everything."

"Thats-
" no. Let me complete. Even if me and you were not in good terms before, you must remember how he always called me names and abused me. It was like hell for me.... I can't even keep those feelings in words. Times when... When he put those little insecurities in me, insulted me infront of the whole class... Spread vile rumours about me.. It was too much. Out of anyone, I had to get married to him. Why - why him. It's just - "
And there I broke down. Putting my head on her laps , I cried my heart out. It was not easy for me. My whole school life was spoiled because of that person. If it weren't for him, by now I would have been in a relationship with a good man. But my fear and insecurities kept coming in between.

" I did not forget all those. But there was a reason for all this -" she put her hand in her mouth, as if she revealed a big secret.

"w-what reason"

" sorry, I was not telling anything. Indeed his actions weren't good but how can you not try. Trust me lena, just open up your heart for once, give it a last try, you won't regret it" she smiled and got up. Her words made no sense. I smiled like a stupid knowing there is no one who will understand me.

Alison's POV ~

Tucking her in bed I quickly made my way out of her room. It was a long day. I sighed. She doesn't understand anything. I wanted to tell her how Evan can turn her life into a beautiful dream, but she was convinced not let anyone see her soul.

I never hated her. Those high school days, I knew I got more attention from everyone, but the only person I looked upon was my sister. I always admired her and still do. She doesn't know the power she has.

Coming to Evan, I knew he was the right person for her. From the day we went to the middle school, he had his eyes on her. Never even glanced at any other female.
I still remember the day when he approached me, how he tried to tell he likes Lena. As tough he looks, he is a broken soft boy. I know he will make my sister happy. Much more that that Alex could ever. We both knew about his intentions but as much as we tried to protect lena, she got dragged there eventually. I agree our methods were not good, but that was the only option.

Flashback, 5 years ago ~

" what's up with you? Why can't you go and confess to her. It isn't even that late. If she can turn her back on Alex's mistakes, she will definitely forgive you"
I and Evan have been talking a lot lately. I knew Alex is going to lead her on, I didn't want lena to be taken advantage of.

" do you think it is that easy? I have no courage. Let her go sleep with that asshole" my blood boiled with anger after hearing  this.

" are you out of mind? How can you do this.? I don't understand you, why are you doing this. First bullying her, and then you are backing away like a coward. Man up, go and ask for forgiveness -

My words were cutoff when I saw Alex coming our way. Evan saw that too. I could see his jaw clenched. Fist tightened.

Alex smirked at us " good couple. You guys should be together. Stay away from me and Lena"

" Look who is talking" I rolled my eyes.

" yeah right. We should stay away. But you are like an angel in her life right." Evan and Alex were standing very close. It looks like anytime they will start a fight.
" maybe you should stay away from lena. You are taking advantage of her which she can't see ofcourse. We are politely telling you to obey us "

" or else what Evan? And from when did you start caring for her. Oh.. Dont tell me, even you want to sleep with her right. That slut " and that's when Evan landed a strong punch on his jaw.

" mind your language Winters. You are going too far " Evan was a boy of few words. I know he wanted to tell more, but he did not want anyone to know about his feelings.

Alex scoffed" maybe you should help that little enemy of yours. She is so desperate for my love that, she can do anything. Even if she get a full proof, she will still follow me around. I don't want to miss this kind of opportunity "

Evan and I looked at each other knowing we cannot do anything. I cannot see two hearts breaking.

That's when I knew, I can involve myself in this plan.

End of flashback ~

There was no mistake in sleeping with Alex. I wanted to show Lena what a big fool she was to love Alex. She did not trust me for a very long time, but that's all I could think of back then. Evan and I were very good friends. We had many things in common, and the one thing mattered to us was Lena's happiness.

After that incident, I thought she will hate Alex to the guts. But I was wrong. Luckily she learnt her so called ' best friend' has backstabbed her. She got her lesson.

Today when I saw Evan staring at her throughout the dinner, I knew he loved her the same as before.

A phone call interrupted my thoughts. Looking at the caller ID, I smiled brightly. I picked up the call.

" babe, Evan wants to meet us. Don't tell your sister about it... Ok sweety?"

" yes love. Finally that guy remembered us, it's time we help him"

 Finally that guy remembered us, it's time we help him"