17. Usual Spot.

I don't know what it is. Why do I feel so different today. It's as clear as the day that I am not over Alex, but I know not to be desperate again. I have been thinking about him the whole night. I don't think I should try. With this thought I get up from my bed. First thing I notice is a text message. Unexpected!

Alex - good morning beautiful! You must be awake by now

Whoa! What is it now. But the butterflies in my stomach are fluttering.

Me - good morning to you too. You still have my number. I mean.. I just thought you must have deleted it.

Alex - nah! I was in a relationship with your sister indeed, doesn't mean I will forget ya!

Eh, those slangs. I can hear his voice through the texts. Cheerful maybe?

Alex - anyway, can we meet sometime. You know, catch up like old time. What do you say?

Me - oh, I guess I can.

Alex - perfect. Meet me at our regular spot at 6pm. See you then!

Regular spot huh? He remembers duh! But I still cannot help but think. What if it turns out to be like the last time we met. Surely we don't have any reasons.

I do my daily routine, study, watch some YouTube videos. And after that I decide to get ready. I chose something light. A summer dress will be perfect. White with floral patterns. Yeah!!

I reach to the park and immediately find him. He notices and waves at me. We sit on a bench. For a long time we don't say anything, instead enjoy the breeze.

" So, Lena." he turns towards me. " how have you been. I mean really how are you?"

" just... I am really good. I mean, first few months weren't easy but I still figured out. And now I am doing really great."

He looks down and says" I am sorry, you had to go through that because of me. We never had to end it though "

I am confused now. What does he mean by never had to end it.

" um.. I was talking about my studies. You know about me right. I have never been really interested so... " I shrug.

" oh! I am so dumb. Ofcourse you would get over me. I am glad you are doing good in your studies"

So, was he talking about him and Alison. What is the point of talking about it now. I gently hold his hand and make him look up at me.

" how are you Alex? I heard you and Alison ended. Like how... Before I left, you guys looked so close to each other" you never looked at me like that.

" I thought things are going to be fine between us when I no longer give you hope.."  he rubs his palms and continues
" everything was fine, until we started fighting for small things.. And we just thought of getting separated"

Now I wanted to know more. What exactly happened between them. Is it wrong if I ask him about it? Surely he wouldn't mind, or else what's the point of this small talk.

" you can talk to me Alex. I am here for you." always have been.

He smiles at me. " until 1 year it was great. You know sex and all. But then she stopped giving attention to me. This resulted in daily fights. She wouldn't even talk to me. And every time I threatened to break up, she would make an excuse and we would go back to each other's arms "
Even hearing this hurts me. They were so close. I can still see those emotions in his eyes. Was it there for me? No.

" and then, one day I couldn't tolerate anymore. I broke up. And I don't have any intention of getting back together. I think I deserve better. I even think that she cheated on me behind my back. She must be crying now, and instead of supporting her, you are here with me because I called you. She has been a bitch to you too. You don't have to worry "

Is he for real? I don't think she is sitting in a corner and crying, having full tub ice cream party like me. I decide not to tell him.

" I am so sorry Alex. I can see you are affected much. So.. What do you plan to do these holidays.? "

He chuckles darkly  " it wasn't easy to move on. I genuinely loved her lena" and this breaks me even more. Be strong Elena. " if it weren't for Aubry's support, I wouldn't be here now with you. And as for vacation, now you are here, we can have some fun." he winks at me.

I blush. Fun. Not a bad idea. I am happy that Aubry and Alex are close now. I remember her boiling in anger when Alex left me heartbroken. Everything seems fine now.

" that's cool. Hey, what if we go for swimming tomorrow. We can invite Aubry too. You know.. You, me and her only" he says.
I see a mischievous glint in his eyes. " sure that will be great".
After that we talk a little.
When it's time to go home, he offers to drop me home. I gladly accept.
I was about to get out of the car when Alex pulled me gently. I turned around. We looked at each other and it reminded me of the day when we sat together for lunch at school. He kissed my cheek. I smiled at him.
" it was a really great day Lena. See you tomorrow"
I got out of the car and headed to my home. I saw Alison siting in the living room with a bucket full of popcorn. Someone is in a good mood today. Well, I am doing fine here. I guess tomorrow will be a new journey.

 I guess tomorrow will be a new journey