13. Heartbreak

Thought I could pack up my suitcase and just walk away, walk away (walk away)
Leave you with all the shit I didn't want to take, want to take
I'm missing you, I'm missing you
What the hell did I do? (did I do?)
Messing with someone new
Thinking I wanted to
Turns out I don't want new, I want you.
..............................................................................................................................
It's been 1 whole week since I last talked to Alex. But I am seeing him everyday. Happy and satisfied.... with my sister. They have officially started their relationship, on the very next day after my heartbreak. And I have been miserable. Shedding many tears everyday. I cannot even sleep at night without thinking about him and crying. It's like, there's no purpose of living. I have started my self pity party by eating dozens of icecreams, and then had fever for 3 days. I haven't talked to anyone yet. Aubry has tried to contact me, but even that's of no use. I don't want to rant my sad story infront of her. Plus she is not being her self lately. She has completely changed after her breakup with Adam. I wonder how she recovered so well, Alex and I weren't even together and here I am, crying and torturing myself. I went to college for 2 days, but after seeing Alex and Alison together, I felt as if they have betrayed me in someway. They look so happy together, as if they were meant for each other. In these 2 days I saw Alex coming for lunch break earlier than usual, he never did for me. I used to wait for so long, and his only excuse was football practice. I see them being lovey-dovey and nausea rises up my throat.
And there is this bully group. Matt smirks at me and they say Alex and Ali look good together. Evan said Alex never wanted me anyway. So I have stopped going. Atleast till the time I am stable enough to control my emotions and not to burst into tears any moment. I have stopped going to gym, because, well, is there any use?

I was lying on my bed, thinking about the times when Alex and I were having fun. I did not even try to distract myself. Heartbroken right, new experience. The door to my room opens and there I see.....My mother.
She looks at me and her expression turns into pity one. Oh, no, I don't want it. Anyway, Ali is her favorite child. She should be happy. Alison told mom about her and Alex, first she had a confused look but changed into happy one.
She approached me, sat on my bed and patted my head. I looked up.
"get up child, crying wouldn't help, you need to be strong.".

She laid my head on her lap and started stroking my hair. Listening to her words, another set of tears started forming in my eyes. I couldn't even utter a word. How much it hurts.

"everything will be fine Elena. First when I came to know about your sister with Alex, I was very shocked.... Because every time I saw you with him, I felt like you guys are happy together. I even know that you like him"

I looked at her. She still did not finish, she kept on reminding those things. Mom, you aren't helping.
"I don't know what happened between you two, but don't blame your sister. No, I am not taking her side. Even she is at fault because she knew about your feelings towards Alex. But think once.... If it weren't for Alex, they would have not been together. What I am trying to tell is, that guy did not love you as much as you did. Instead he went for your sister even after knowing how much you wanted him. And that means, he is not the one for you "

I understood now. Why should I waste my time and tears for the guy who doesn't love me back.

" yes you are right, don't waste your time and tears for a guy who doesn't love you back " she smiled. Oops, did I say that aloud.

" I will give you this 1 day. Fix yourself, forget about him, it will not be easier but it's not impossible. There are several fishes in the ocean. Focus on yourself. Focus on your studies for now. I want to see the bubbly girl who used to spend hours infront of the mirror dressing up. From outside you look like you don't care, but I know you. I am your mother. And learn from the experience. This is not a life and death game. We choose in this life. Alex had you, but he lost, because he chose Ali. Now you will make a decision. Go to gym, workout. Believe me, you will recover soon, and even laugh at this situation in the future when you think about it. Hmm? "

" Yes mommy, I need some time. "

She smiled encouragingly and got up. As the door closed, I heard some giggles. I immediately recognized it as Alison's. Alex must be with her. My mother motivated me just the way I needed.
I will try to forget about him. It's not the end of the world. I have many other things to do. Make my mom proud and not cry for silly heartbreaks. These type of situations will come and go, so I need to keep my guard up and never breakdown.

Yes, and from tomorrow, everyone will see a new Elena Rossie.