8. Hatred

It's been a month, Alex and I have been very close. Not exclusive though. And I am okay with it. As long as I get to spend some time with him, I am very happy.

Walking down the corridor, I spot Alison talking to Evan. These days they have been talking frequently and it wouldn't be a surprise to me if they start dating too. But by the looks of it, they always seem to be arguing. Anyway, I wouldn't be as nosy as Ali and listen to their conversation.
I roll my eyes and smirk thinking about them being exact opposites and how they will end up beating each other's ass.
As I head towards my class, Evan intentionally bumps into me making me fall. I glare at him and he just smirks.
I see him bending down thinking  he will help me, but oh boy! I was so wrong. He pinches my arms where it hurts the most. I refrain from crying out loud. I throw his hand away and get up but he holds me by my waist. I feel uncomfortable and he can clearly see that.
"what happened fatass, scared of me huh?"
I don't answer him and try to run away. But again he holds me and this time he drags me to an empty classroom. He grabs a chunk of my hair. It pained a lot. He looks at me disgusted. As if I have been the reason for his misery. He holds me very tightly to the point it pains a lot. He leaves my hair, but his one hand holds my neck while the other holds my waist. I look down. I feel so bad now. He is clearly being abusive. He leans towards my ears.
" gained some weight huh? You know what, you are just a piece of shit. World would have been a better place without you. Whenever I look at you, I just want to punch you."
His words hurt me so much. Never ever I would  imagine someone hating me so much. I lose it all right there and cry. I cover my face with my hands.
" those little hands of yours wouldn't hide your ugly face ".
I couldn't help but cry more.

But it's enough. Why can't I leave in peace? What have I done to deserve this. He has always abused me emotionally. But today it's too much. He has told all those words right on my face. I wonder to how many people he bitches about me. So I questioned him. I cannot be quiet now.
"why?"
I could only ask this with my shaky voice. He looks at me as if I have insulted him by talking back.
I cleared my throat and looked right into his eyes. His hands still tightly holding me as if one wrong move and I will shatter into pieces. But the damage is already done.
I push him with all my power, but he doesn't move.
"why.. Why Evan. Why?" I raised my voice. Tears streaming down my face.
" what have I done to you. Why can't you leave me alone. I have a lot to say but I can't. I used to think you are a boy who hasn't been given much importance at house and that's why you feel satisfied when you bully me. But that's enough. You are mentally abusing me. "
He then slowly takes his hands away. This is the first time I have talked to him let alone raised my voice. He still doesn't look guilty. He looks at me with an unreadable expression.

He was about to speak when the door suddenly opens and Alex comes in. He hugs me and glares at Evan. Alex then leaves me and punches Evan hard on his jaw. They get into a heated fight but luckily Aubry comes with a teacher. I relax then.

Taking Alex's hand I run towards the restroom. He did not get bruised like Evan, maybe because Evan did not fight back. I dismiss these thoughts. I notice a small lip cut and gasp.
I search for ointment when he grabs me.
I then realise that this boy, who I love the most saved me from my bully. I cannot help but fall for him even more. Guilty for their fight I apologize.
" Alex, sorry you had to go through the trouble. I will make sure to stay away from him".

He kisses me softly and looks into my eyes. " he will never come near you again and I will make sure of that".
We hug and stay like that for a few moment.

Alex has saved me, yet I cannot stop thinking about Evan. He still did not answer my questions. I am scared of him. I never thought he had so much hatred towards me.
Because of his behavior I have never hated myself. Because if I did, he would get the satisfaction he wants and I will be left pitying myself.
I have learnt to love myself. This change Evan had brought to me which I am thankful for. But now I only have one feeling towards him. I hate him to guts.

I despise Evan Morris.