33. Evan

Everyone has started preparing for my wedding. Without my own knowledge. Yes I have agreed, but I need some time. After that day at the hospital, I have not met him again. I don't even want to meet him. Maybe he is enjoying all these, maybe he is planning to torture me again. And I can do nothing about it. It's been 3 weeks since that day. Maddie looks happy. She will undergo surgery soon, and before that, she wants us to get married. My mother and she have suggested me to go on a date with Evan, but that's the last thing on my mind right now. We haven't even talked properly after I got to know him in the office. He did not try to reach me. Maybe he is enjoying his time with that little assistant. I honestly don't mind anything as long as he stays away from me.

When I told about this to my sister, she told me to make it work. Does she not know what happened back then. She sounds weird.

But it's time I got to know about him a little. I need to learn about his lifestyle. There's still a tiny hope that he has changed and will treat me better.

Evan's POV ~
When I got to know about the deal between Lucas and mom, I was beyond shocked. I, never in my wildest dream expected that I will get married to her. I-I am, I can't even process what is going on.
After all that happened, I don't think she will ever forgive me. But I couldn't control myself back then. I always knew I had feelings for her. Very strong feelings. But I lacked in expressing. Everytime I would bring up the courage to tell her about this, I would be very disappointed in me. She never gave attention to me. Not even a single glance.
It all started in middle school.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback, 9 years ago ~

It's been a week since I have joined the school. By the looks of it, I have a gained a little popularity. Joking. But I found many people talking to me. Maybe because of my handsome look. Joking again!! Things are great here. People are so good. So helpful. Better than my surroundings. Whenever I think about my family, it always saddened me. How I wish my life was different. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice the door opening. Looking up at the person, my heart started racing. There was she. Standing there with her heavy bag. She wore a hoodie and a short skirt. Oh, I knew I liked her the first time I saw her. Her sweet voice, her eyes, the way she talks, everything attracted me towards her. She is such a sweetheart. I wanted her to sit next to me, but as usual, she went to her friend 'Alex'. I sighed and looked forward.

Everytime I tried to talk to her, she would bring her attention back to her friend . I knew she liked him, the way she looked at him, the same way I looked at her. The difference was, she never knew about it. She was always there for him. Whereas for me, Never. This was not a problem because I started giving up on her. I wanted her to be happy with Alex. I did not want to come in their way.

But after some years I realized these feelings for her grew more. She was always attached to him. There was no one infront of her eyes. He was so lucky to have her by her side. But still, he took it for granted. No one cared for me. And I wanted her so bad. I wanted that kind of attention. Surely, I just wanted her attention, but slowly I realised, I need her. In every way possible, her body, her heart, her soul.
I knew there was no chance. But I wanted her to atleast look at me. I had no other choice but to bully her. It started as a friendly fight, but soon turned out really harsh. I was jealous of Alex. I was angry at Lena. She couldn't see the look in my eyes. She always thought I hated her, but in actual fact, I hated who she has become. She changed herself completely. Yes, because of me. I tried to make her strong, but she was too sensitive, and took it to heart. I tried telling her how stupid and desperate she looked, how she will lose herself, but she never listened to me. In her eyes, Alex was a flawless God whereas me, I was a monster.

To show her how Alex is using her, I tried to talk some sense into her, but she never believed me and broke down. This angered me more. For some time I hated her. I wanted to give up. Until one day, when she took her stand and talked back to me. Honestly I had no answer. No answer that could justify my act. It was too late to realize that I have gone overboard. I pushed her away, with my own hands.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Present ~

I knew she was Lena, the first time I saw her after years. She did not change much. As beautiful as ever. But that glow had vanished from her eyes. I knew she was broken. Even if she tried to convince everything is ok, she was not really healed.

Maybe there is a chance I could rectify my mistakes. Yes. There has to be. I thought these feelings for her vanished, but who was I fooling. I still love her. And I promise to give her the best life. But I did not know from where to start.