6. Taking Things Slowly

I cannot wait any longer. Since yesterday I have been thinking long and hard, so came with a conclusion.  I have to tell Alex that I like him , TODAY. I feel like days are passing fast and my chances are low.
How am I supposed to tell him without looking desperate.
Answer - be yourself.
After practicing for hours infront of the mirror, this is  what I could come up with. A nice chessy line would be too much, and I know exactly his type. Simple, straight to the point.

I see him coming towards me looking almighty handsome. This is your chance lena. But before I could even talk to him, he is whisked away by his friends. Disappointment. Yeah, that's what I felt. It's like destiny doesn't want me to make a move on him.
I  ignore my negative thoughts and head towards my classes.

I come across a group of boys which I knew too well. Evan and his bros. That's what he calls them. Matt, one of his best friend whistles when I come near them. They have always troubled me.
Suddenly he holds my wrists. And I know I am alone in this game.
I don't even try to take my hand back because I know he is harmless. But it slowly starts getting uncomfortable. Matt ruffles my hair and comes near me. I see Evan storming off to some class. Suddenly someone pushes Matt back and I see Alex glaring at him. Matt says he is sorry and doesn't want to involve in any argument.

"thank you Alex, you didn't have to do it. He is harmless unlike Evan" I say blushing and looking at anywhere but him.
He gently held my chin and looks into my eyes before speaking
" don't let those guys near you. You never know what they can do to you, but as long as I am here, you don't need to worry".

And then I move forward and kiss him. At first it's slow but turns very passionate. Morever he responds. I look at him and tell what I have been trying to tell him for so long
" Alex I like you so much. Since day one we have met. These little things that you are doing make me want you more. I am not able to see any flaw in you. I don't want to force you to be with me, but just so you know, I really  like you". I smile brightly.
This confession wasn't as bad as I thought. At once I poured all my emotions and my eyes are teary.

But my smile fades away when he doesn't reply back. He just looks at me. Feeling embarrassed and rejected I turn away  only to be held back by him.

" I like you too Lena. I have always been. You are very special and I am glad that we started as friends....."
I started to smile when he adds more
"But I need some time. Don't be sad Lena. I care for you. But being with Vira was very toxic. Before taking another responsibility I want to forget about Vira. Even you don't want to be with someone who doesn't like you back the same. Give me some time and then I will be all yours "

Honestly these words did not dissappoint me rather gained more respect for Alex. He is so caring.

We plan to meet up today and watch a movie together. For the start it is good. But I will give him the space he wants. I don't want to be Clingy.

I cannot wait for him to be all mine. Oh so happy I was. Blushing mess too..
I shared this with Aubry and we hugged each other.
The only thing is Alex and I have to start things slowly. We are very close to the day when we will be together.