31. The Deal

I  was busy these two days that I forgot to inform my dad about the accident. I should have done it before, knowing how close they both are. Dad will be very upset when he will get to see her.
I go to my home after bidding goodbye to Maddie. I did not want to leave her, but relaxed after thinking about Evan, her son being there for her. I was still processing what was going on around me.

After an hour ~
Seeing my parents after a long time, made me calm down. They are my comfort zone. As soon as I saw my parents , I quickly hugged them. A lot of things are going inside my mind. Somehow it feels like these two days have changed my life. I don't know what is coming in the future. Things never went my way.
My dad decided to visit the hospital next day.
I was too tired but I cannot keep my responsibilities behind. Specially now when my company needs me the most. I checked a few mails from clients and didn't realise when I slept, on my table.

The Next day ~I had a very important meeting and that's why couldn't visit Maddie

The Next day ~
I had a very important meeting and that's why couldn't visit Maddie. Honestly, I felt my heart sinking while thinking about that. Suddenly I feel like spending my time with her more. She is like a mother to me, a best friend, a companion. And I cannot lose her. When I got to know about the reports, I knew there's not much we can do. She has to undergo surgery. Hopefully she will  recover fast. My parents left for the hospital while I am on my way to the meeting room.

That evening ~

Elena's dad's (lucas) POV ~
" Maybe it's time we turn this friendship into a new relationship. What do you say?" Maddie told us with a slight smile lingering on her lips. I knew exactly what she meant. I looked at my wife Aria while she had a confused expression. I sighed, it will be hard to explain this.

Thinking long about it, I could only come up with one simple reply
" you should talk to the kids first"

Her smile dropped and sad expression took over her face.
" I want to make it work Lucas. As a memory of our friendship and the deal we talked about when we were kids. Even if that was a joke, I want it. I want them together. I know it's not right. An arranged marriage, between them, but I have a feeling, they will be happy together. I.... I just know. They don't have any partners currently, so -

I cut her off  " but they may not be ok with it. As much as I want to fulfill your wish, at last, it depends on them"

After a few moments of silence, Aria spoke up
" She is not wrong.... Lucas. They know each other. And I think they will make it work. Don't back away from your promise, it's time you be responsible and be a good friend. I don't think my daughter will have a problem with this. Even I cannot see her all alone. I agree with you Maddie "
They smile at each other.

I don't think this idea is bad. Maybe -
" what are you thinking about lucas. Are you against this " Maddie looked at me, bringing me back from my thoughts.

" Honestly, I think they are too young for this. But I agree with this arrangement. This is your last wish... And I will not let you down. "

Maddie's face brightened up.
" I am so happy you agreed on this. But now we have to convince Evan and Elena. They will definitely not deny my wish. And I know, they will be happy together. "

But now I have a bigger problem. I have to talk to Elena about this. It will not be easy at all. She is an independent women now. But I guess this time she has to help me, building this relationship. I don't want to lose my best friend. She has gone through so much. This is the least I could do. Talk to our children.

As much as I think, the children have their own lives and choices, but maybe this time it will take a different turn. I hope everything turns out good.