Chapter 3

Jeans POV

As I was getting ready for the movie I made the decision to invite Mikasa. I didn't think y/n would mind that much. We have tried to date at least 3 other times. It always got awkward and weird. Nothing like our friendship.  Plus her brother Levi is the scariest man on earth. I really didn't want to ruin anything and hurt her.

Of course I liked her. I wanted nothing more than to be with her. That wasn't going to happen though. So, I'm moving on. 

Mikasa is a really nice girl and cares so deeply about everyone. I've always had a tiny crush on her. I might as well see if it could lead anywhere.

Jean

Hey Mikasa I know its pretty last minute but do you want to go see The Shining with me at 8?

Well, now I just have to wait. I sat back on my bed and laid down. I had an hour before I had to start getting ready. I decided to invite Connie over. He was every ones ride to the movie and I was his first stop so it wouldn't change anything.

He was over in about 10 minutes. 

"Hey man what's up?" 

"Nothing really Connie. By the way I invited Mikasa to the movie. I hope you don't mind." His eyes grew wide and I knew the usual joking Connie was about to be serious.

"Dude, what about y/n? Aren't the movies your guys thing. You always share popcorn. And spit." He coughed that last bit into his arm, but I heard him.

"Haha very funny." I punched him on his arm.

"Ow dude I was just joking." He rubbed his arm while he faked looking hurt. "Seriously though, isn't y/n gonna be hurt. You guys have practically been married for the past 6 years."

I laid back on my bed sighing. "I know. I don't think she'll be hurt though. We've tried this before and it didn't work out. It's time we move on from each other."

"Sweet. I call dibs." I knew he was joking, but I still punched him in the arm. Again. "You have got to stop that I was kidding. Well, for the most part. She is my bitch so I'd take her in an instant."

I checked my phone and there was still no response from Mikasa. I figured it was no then, she was pretty good about answering her phone quickly. 

Connie and I played call of duty while we waited for it to be time to leave. Soon we loaded up into the car. "I'm guessing Sasha will be sitting shotgun?"

"Yeah, sorry bro. You and y/n always sit next to each other anyway. Why do you care all of a sudden?"

"I was kinda hoping to avoid telling her I invited Mikasa since she's not coming and it doesn't matter anyway."

"There's no point in avoiding that. I'm convinced you guys can read each others minds. It's creepy. You always know what the other is thinking. Jean?"

"Yeah Connie?"

"Are you guys aliens?" He said it so seriously that it caught me off guard.

"Connie, do you have brain damage? What am I talking about? Of course you do. You literally only have one brain cell and it's split between you and Sasha."

"I would be hurt, but you're right."

We got to Sasha's house and she came out to the car with Niccolo. I kind of felt bad for Niccolo. Sasha and Connie were super close it was like he third wheeled half the time. I knew he didn't mind though. He understood that Connie and Sasha were practically twins.

"HEY GUYS!! I am so excited for the movie. I hope y/n isn't upset that we chose horror though. I'm sure it will be okay. Since you're here to protect her Jean." Sasha always teased me and y/n. It never bothered us. This time was different though. I felt my cheeks heat up and I looked away. Usually I had a witty response, but nothing came to mind. "Oh Connie, look, he's embarrassed."

"Yeah, he's embarrassed because he invited Mikasa to the movies and was gonna ditch y/n."

"I was not Connie. That is not true."

"Oh my bad sorry. He was gonna split his time between the two girls he likes and both of them like him back. Is that better Jean." I reached up in front of me and smacked him on the back of the head. "I'm driving. Unless you want me to purposely crash this car I wouldn't touch me again."

"You seriously invited Mikasa?"

"Yeah Sasha I did. She never answered though so she's not coming." She looked a little upset. "Why does it matter? It's not like me and y/n are dating."

"Yeah I know. It's just I always kind of assumed you guys would suck it up and date. You obviously belong together."

"For real. You guys are like every ones OTP." I looked over at Niccolo shocked. I mean yeah he knew all about it, but he usually stays out of it.

I didn't have anything to say to that and we had just pulled onto y/n's street so I went back to staring at the phone. After Sasha texted y/n, her and Connie started arguing about what music to play while Niccolo thought of compromises. I looked up and smiled at y/n when she opened the door. As she sat down I threw my arm around her like normal.

"Hey! You ready to go watch the movie?" She finally looked at me smiling.

"Yes I am. What movie is it again?" I looked at her and noticed the look in her eye. She was having a day today. I hated when she was like this. All I wanted to do was wrap my arms around her and tell her exactly how I feel. I couldn't though. We had agreed we don't work together and are moving on. We were both fine with it. At least she was.

I must have taken to long to answer because Sasha butted in. Like usual. "We are going to see The Shining. I've heard it's super scary." Her and Connie started laughing. Obviously about Sasha's earlier comment about me protecting y/n. I heard y/n groan. She was gonna hate it.

I couldn't help it and checked my phone again. Hoping Mikasa answered. Y/n noticed.

"You good? Seems as though you are waiting for some news." Well looks like I have to tell her. Otherwise Connie will open up his big mouth.

"Uh well, I kinda invited Mikasa. I'm waiting for her reply." She looked a little hurt. Maybe Connie and Sasha were right.

They weren't. The look soon left her eyes and she started helping me. 

Mikasa was now coming.

Granted so was Eren and y/n was gonna hang out with him. I shouldn't feel jealous, but I did. Must just be because it's Eren.

Soon that jealousy was justified. We were all seated and watching the movie. I was focused on Mikasa. We were having fun. I noticed y/n's breathing getting heavier so I asked if she was okay. I could tell she was lying. I left it alone though and went back to Mikasa.

All of a sudden I felt y/n flinch. Out of instinct I grabbed her shoulder and asked if she was okay. She nodded and then looked to her right. 

Eren was holding her hand. Why? Why did he care? He's a selfish prick. I let go of her shoulder and turned back to Mikasa. She seemed worried for y/n. I knew they were friends so I let her know she was okay. 

Y/n left with Eren. I'm sure she was waiting waiting outside seeing as Connie was her ride, but I felt bad. We should have done a different movie.

"We should leave. She's obviously upset and we can all go back to Eren's place. He won't mind. I was worried about her being here anyway." Mikasa shocked me, but I agreed. We dragged Connie and Sasha out since Connie drove and walked out of the theater.

As we walked out I saw Eren pull away from y/n. 

What was going on?