Chapter 17

The rest of the game went smoothly. Well as smooth as it could go. Eren opted out of playing. Probably was still upset. Jean did not leave my side. It was different then normal too. Even when we were "dating" it was never like this. Everyone could tell too.

People were dared to do a lot of things and lots of truths came out. Ymir kept being dared to kiss a bunch of the guys. At one point Reiner was dared to kiss Historia. It did not end well. When Connie said truth I asked who he liked and he still wouldn't tell me. I have a theory though.

At one point Annie was dared to kiss Mikasa and Reiner and Eren had to practically pull them apart. I guess Mikasa and Jean really didn't have anything going on anymore. Annie and Mikasa left a little earlier then the rest of them.

Everyone started leaving and soon it was down to just Connie, Sasha, Niccolo, and Jean. Eren left with Armin without saying a word to me. I felt bad. I will talk to him at school tomorrow.

"Y/n, can you go make us some popcorn for the movie please?"

"Sasha. I am pretty sure you ate 4 pizzas today."

"So. You need popcorn for a movie. Please?" I rolled my eyes at her.

"Fine. The movie better be ready to start when I get back." We were all going to watch Fox and the Hound. I made the popcorn and walked back out to find everyone piled on the couch together.

Sasha was curled up on the couch with Niccolo and Connie and Jean were sitting next to each other.

"Y/n you are my favorite person ever. Thank you." Sasha grabbed the popcorn from me and Jean started the movie.

I walked over to the couch and Jean quickly pulled me down next to him. I curled up in his arms and pretty soon drifted off to sleep. I didn't mean to. As I was starting to fall asleep I heard everyone start whispering. I tried to stay awake but all I heard was Sasha ask Jean if he was serious about being with me.

Next thing I knew I woke up in my bed to my alarm for school.

Jeans POV

"So Jean, you and y/n were pretty lovey dovey tonight huh?" Sasha asked. Y/n had fallen asleep in my arms again. She had a pretty exhausting weekend so I couldn't blame her.

"Also how is she already asleep? Did you and her actually only sleep last night?" Of course Connie had to ask that.

"Come on guys. You know we did nothing. She is just tired. That's all." I looked down at her sleeping form. She had started to drool a little. She looked beautiful.

"Yeah yeah whatever. I don't buy it. You guys have never acted this way before."

"Seriously Connie I already told you. When Prom comes around it will be official. I will finally be with the love of my life. No excuses either. I've toyed with her feelings for too long."

"Aww look at that. You're all grown up. Also you know what this means for you if you guys do get together right?" I looked at Sasha confused. What did she mean? "You will owe me and Connie 20$ each."

Connie and Sasha high fived each other and started laughing. I looked over at Niccolo. He had started to doze off too.

"I honestly had forgotten about that bet. God when did we make that? 8th grade?"

"I think so. You refused to admit your feelings for y/n. But we all knew. Even Marco. First time he had ever joined one of our bets." Sasha always remembered everything.

"I wish he was still here with us. God knows you two would have gotten your shit together and started dating years ago then." We all took a moment of silence to remember Marco.

"You know y/n is the only thing that got me through his death. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't have been able to do it without you guys either. Y/n put away all of her feelings to help me. Hell I don't even think she ever got a chance to grieve properly."

"She did. Helping you was the only way she could cope with the pain. At night after you had finally fallen asleep she would come over to my house. We would just sit and eat junk food and talk and cry. You helped her by letting her help you."

"Wow Sasha. I had no idea."

"Well of course you didn't. That was our thing." Sasha woke up Niccolo. "We are going to head out. Connie are you staying or going?"

"Connie will you stay for a moment just to help me put y/n to bed. I can drive you home then."

"Yeah dude of course. Be careful Sasha. See you guys later." With that Sasha and Niccolo headed out.

I carefully picked up y/n so I didn't wake her up and started to carry her to her bed.

"Hey Connie? What did you whisper to y/n earlier? Before she kissed me for the dare."

"I told her she didn't have to do it, but if she did to choose you." He opened y/ns bedroom door for me and I gently laid her on the bed.

"Do you really think there was a chance she would have chose Eren?" Connie laid a hand on my shoulder.

"Jean there is no chance. I have never seen two people look at each other the way you guys do." I smiled at his words.

I walked over and pulled the blanket over y/n. I leaned down and kissed her forehead. "Goodnight gorgeous. I will see you tomorrow." Connie and I walked out to my car.

"So, who's this girl you like? It's not actually y/n is it?"

"No Jean. It's not. That's all I'm saying. I doubt she will ever like me. Plus like I said two other people already like her. She's popular. I'm not."

"You don't seriously believe that? You are the funniest person in our entire school and plenty of girls like you."

"Well why wouldn't they. I'm amazing. This girl is different though."

"Okay fine. I still think you should tell someone though. Then they could help you sort out your problems with her."

"I think you should worry about your own love problems before mine."

"Like I said Connie. By Prom we will be official."

"Jean I am loving the confidence, but Eren still exists. He is pissed. Also Armin thinks he's playing y/n."

I pulled the car over and parked it.

"Eren is doing what?"

"Armin told me he thinks that Eren is playing y/n and is going to break her heart."

"We have to tell y/n."

"Armin already did. She doesn't believe it because no one has proof."

"Well Connie. We have ourselves a mission. We are going to find proof. Then he will be out of the way."

"Can we get a spy kit then? I've always wanted one." I looked at Connie astonished.

"Jesus Christ. Seriously? Yeah fine. We can get a spy kit."

"YES! We also need a name for the mission. Since obviously it's top secret. How about Mission Monkey."

"Why Monkey?"

"I don't know. I like Monkeys." I rolled my eyes and started up the car again.

I am getting proof against Eren if it's the last thing I do. No one will ever hurt y/n. No one. Not as long as I'm here to protect her.