Chapter 20

Y/ns POV

"Sasha why do we have to go to the mall again. I hate shopping." I sighed as she dragged me to her car.

"Because my dear y/n, I need a new dress to meet Niccolo's family." She smiled at me before pulling out of her driveway.

"I don't understand why you can't just wear one of your other dresses. That green one you tried on earlier was good. I thought you looked very pretty."

"It was good, but not perfect. Everything has to be perfect. I'm meeting them tomorrow after school. I'm so nervous. What if they don't like me?"

"Sasha I have never met anyone who doesn't like you before. I promise we will find you a perfect dress though. One that will knock their socks off." She laughed at me.

"Ew literally please never say that again. You sound like my dad." We both laughed as we finished the drive to the mall.

We immediately went into a dress shop upon arriving. Sasha and I picked out a ton of different dresses for her to try on. As she was getting changed she was talking to me so I didn't feel awkward out there.

"So why did you stay after school yesterday? You never stay after."

"Eren wanted to talk to me."

"About what?" I could hear the distrust in her voice. I'm guessing Connie told her what Armin told me.

"About my kiss with Jean."

"Hmmm, okay. Speaking of Jean. What is going on with Connie and Jean? Ever since Monday they have been whispering around each other and keeping secrets. They never keep secrets from me." Now that I thought about it, they have been acting kind of weird.

"I mean I don't know. Connie still acts normal around me. Jean has been more flirty, but I'm not complaining. I have noticed the whispering though. Monday Jean told me to drop it and to just trust him, but it's weird."

"I'm going to try to figure it out. Maybe they will let me in. I've been hearing Connie mention monkeys a lot. Maybe it has to do with that."

Suddenly Sasha walked out with the most beautiful dress I have ever seen on. It was a long dark purple sleeveless dress. It trailed a little bit behind her and showed off her curves amazingly.

"Wow, Sasha. It's gorgeous. I'm speechless oh my god." She still looked a little skeptical as she looked in the mirror at herself.

"I don't know y/n. Are you sure? I think I should try on that red one again."

"Sasha. It's amazing. It's perfect. They are going to love you and the dress. Come on. Get back into your clothes, get the dress and I will buy you a Starbucks okay?"

"With a cake pop?" She smiled hopefully at me and I couldn't help but laugh.

"With a cake pop. Now come on let's go."

She went back in and changed. She then bought the dress and I went and got her an iced coffee with a cake pop. We walked around a little bit longer before sitting down to talk.

"So y/n, any more news with Eren?"

"He asked me on a date. A legit date."

"Oh my god. What did you say? No, right? Please tell me you said no."

"I said I would think about it."

"How stupid can you be. Absolute dumbass. Are you fucking serious? Did you not listen to a word Armin told you. Erens best friend." She enunciated the word best. I knew this would happen.

"Of course I listened. He just doesn't have any proof and is going by a gut feeling. I don't want to throw Eren under the bus without proof." She smacked the back of the head. "Ow, what was that for?"

"Why does Erens BEST friend need proof? Don't you think him of all people would know? Also, why would Armin lie? Seriously dude. Sometimes you can be dumber than me and Connie. And that's saying a lot."

"Whatever. It's not like I said yes. I just don't know if Jean actually likes me or is just doing this since Eren likes me." She smacked me again. "Okay, this is just abuse now Sasha."

"Listen, I want my twenty bucks so you better shut the fuck up and get with Jean. Kidding. Seriously though. Jean loves you more than you could ever know. If he found out that you went on an actual date with Eren he would be so upset. Plus Eren is playing you so don't be stupid."

"Whatever Sash. Come one. Let's get going before we start seeing other people from school here."

We both laughed and walked out to her car hand in hand. I honestly don't know how anyone could ever not like Sasha. She is the most beautiful girl inside and out. She's funny and sweet and amazing.

"Sasha I wish you weren't dating Niccolo. That way I could get with you and not worry about boys." She stopped and smiled at me.

"No offense, but there is a reason you haven't dated anyone before. No one and I mean no one will ask you out while you and Jean are the way that you are. I'm shocked Eren mustered up the balls for it. Plus you say stuff like that to Connie all the time too. So, I don't think you really mean it." I laughed and just finished walking to her car.

We loaded up and she pulled out of the parking lot and onto the highway. One of our favorite songs came on and she turned up the music and we sang along. Neither of us noticing how fast she was going. I opened up my eyes after screaming a lyric and felt my heart drop. I didn't even have time to warn her.

The other car hit us.

I woke up after a couple seconds to the car flipped over and the song still playing. I heard sirens outside getting louder by the second. I looked over and Sasha was still unconsious. I reached my phone from in front of me and called the only person I could think of.

"Hello? y/n? What's going on? Why are there sirens in the background?"

"Levi, please help."

That was all I could say before my phone died and I passed out again.