Where Loyalties Lie

Request 3: Can we get a little angsty fic or headcanon of Techno trying to get the reader to leave L'manberg?

Requested By: Anonymous

(Technoblade X Reader)(Platonic!Sibling! Tubbo x reader)

~~~

      "Tubbo please take a deep breath," You followed him around the rubble as he paced restlessly.

     "I'm president of a crater (Y/n)!" The boy pulled on his ears with a loud whine, "What am I gonna do. I can't believe Wilbur blew it up-" He felt your hands touch his own and gently pull them away from his oversensitive goat ears. "What am I gonna do? I-I'm a kid..." You frowned, moving to cup his cheek with your hand. He nuzzled into it desperately, welcoming the comforting touch of someone who he considered family.

     "You're going to get through it because you're strong." You told him, "and so brave little ram." He flushed pink letting out a whine of protest especially because he was still surrounded by most of his friends.

You watch as Quackity walked over to the both of you and placed his hand on Tubbo's shoulder squeezing it, "We'll rebuild. We'll be right behind you Tubbo." He smiled at the kid and you couldn't help but smile over at him.

     "Thank you both. Truly."

There was one thing that had you were worried you may come to regret, and that was not taking Technoblade's hand as he fled from the country. You were close almost touching it, he looked like he wanted to beg for you too but one desperate cry from Tubbo had you pulling away. He looked heartbroken but at the same time, you saw understanding in his deep red eyes.

Family came first.

That day he pulled you close pressing a soft kiss on your forehead, "I'll be back for you."

You murmured a soft I'm sorry, turning to find Tubbo to make sure he wasn't injured or dying. The thoughts of the festival replaying in your head, you couldn't go through that...not again especially because now Tubbo was officially on his last life. Tommy couldn't fathom how you didn't blame Technoblade for what happened that day, but to you, two things were clear: one was that Tubbo didn't blame him which made it easier on your end to forgive him; two Schlatt was manipulative and overwhelming as fuck you can't blame someone for something they were peer pressured into doing. Speaking of Tommy you ended up finding Tubbo and him in the rubble that day, the taller male was pressing cloth to Tubbo's bleeding arm desperately, when you took over and Tommy seemed grateful.

However, you had to push your possible regrets aside and focus on the new nation you'd help build, and build it you did. You worked endlessly for months on end creating a lovely new nation for people to live in, Tubbo had dubbed it New L'manburg. You felt his pride and happiness, he just loved seeing everyone together again and happy once again. Finally, the server felt somewhat normal after all that destruction, even if there was a Techno-shaped hole in your heart. Things changed rather quickly when Tubbo was, in your eyes, manipulated to exile Tommy by Dream. You had tried to argue for the boy saying that not only was he Tubbo's friend but just a kid. You were shut down harshly by not only Dream but Tubbo as well, the look in his eyes was filled with so much loathing and frustration. It's the first time he ever snapped and was harsh to you, you felt your own frustration bubble up in your chest. You turned on your heel and marched back up into your house, you were not going to put up with this behavior. When you slammed the door shut, and turned around to find Technoblade standing in your living room, with your cat purring fondly on his shoulders; you almost screamed.