Chapter 15

Chapter 15

[Marie's POV]

"And then what?" Dym asks, leaning forward across our usual table in The Beet.

I almost laugh at the anticipation in both her face and voice, "Well, even though I didn't want to, I told him that I was a virgin. That's when he decided that we should 'slow things down' for a bit. So now we're actually dating, you know, taking a more tamed approach to our relationship."

At this, Dym puckers her lips in disappointment, "Well damn. After that extremely long explanation I was hoping something actually exciting would be happening."

"Hey!" I exclaim, throwing my straw wrapper at her.

She laughs as she shakes her head to get the paper out of her now purple colored hair, "I'm just saying. You still haven't told me the guy's name. I thought maybe there was a special reason why you were keeping his identity such a secret."

I shrug my shoulders, "He's just a random I met at that club I went to awhile back." I lie.

She studies my face through squinted eyes. To avoid her hard stare, I pick up my mocha milkshake and take a long sip. Still, I can feel her gaze on me.

'Do not crack Marie. You are stronger than this.' I encourage myself.

A few long seconds go by and I'm pretty sure my brain is completely frozen. With a wince, I pull back from my drink and rub my temples. "Goodness Dym stop staring at me like that. Tell me about Mike. You guys still banging like two rabbits or have you guys settled to the turtles stage?"

Dymna's face immediately reddens, this time she adverts eye contact. "I, uh, we are-" she clears her throat, clearly uncomfortable. "We are still the same, if not more." When she says this she looks off in a distance with that longing look in her eyes.

Awww. "Do you love him, yet?"

Every time we talk about her relationship with this kid she always shy's away, but this time is different. This time she looks me dead in my eye and says with a soft smile, "I think I am."

"Have you told him?" I ask, clapping my hands excitedly.

"I don't know if I should."

"You should."

"I should?"

"Of course! I mean you never know unless you try, right?" I state, squeezing her forearm.

Dym bites her top lip nervously as she looks out the window, then she nods her head after a minute or so, "Your right."

"Of course I'm right." I gloat, flipping my hair in a dramatic way.

She playfully rolls her eyes at me as she stands with her purse in hand, "I should go. I need to finish my paper for psychology."

"Okay, be safe." I stand to give her a hug goodbye.

"See ya later crocodile." She smiles, walking past me to the exit.

I don't even correct her as she leaves.

A couple hours go by until I'm forced to pack up my things. Unfortunately Ethan isn't working today so I have to walk myself home. Which sucks considering it's almost eleven and it's pretty dark out. I mean, I could call him but he said that he had some family business to take care of and I don't wanna bother him so that's out.

Whatever, if someone tries to roll up on me, I'll just use some of the tricks my ex showed me.

Trying not to seem too freaked out by the usually loud but oddly quiet streets, I fasten my bag on my shoulder and half speed walk half stride to my dorm.