Chapter 8

Chapter 8

[Marie's POV]

Silently, we scurry inside the dark apartment, slamming the door closed behind us. Once inside, I feel against the wall to flick on the light but come to no avail.

"Where the hell is the light?" I grunt.

I step back in hopes of finding the switch, only to trip over something, causing me to fall on top of Ethan.

With a loud 'umph', his back hits the door as I cling to his shirt for support. Underneath my palms, I can feel his hard chest and under that I feel his erratic heartbeat.

As corney and unrealistic as it may sound, it's like we're frozen in time.

Slowly, I tilt my head up accidentally allowing his slight stubble to brush against my lips. I can feel my own heart beat quicken as I realize just how close we are. An image of earlier flashes in my mind. His eyes on mine as we danced so intimately. His hands holding me as if I was a fragile piece of glass...

Ugh! This is not helping my heart rate whatsoever.

"Sorry." I mumble, pushing myself up so I can stand on my own.

Well, this got awkward pretty fast didn't it?

Not being able to deal with the uncomfortable air, I turn and walk straight to where I know a lamp would be and flick it on. As soon as it illuminates the small room with the much needed light, I rush to Beth's room.

Why didn't I just stay and face him like a regular human being instead of scurrying off like an idiot? I have no idea.

Halfway there, I ask, "Would you like some clothes to sleep in or do you wanna stay in those?"

"Some new clothes would be great." He says. Ethan's deep, velvety voice vibrates to my ears causing an involuntary tremor to run through me.

Shocked and slightly turned on I speed walk the rest of the way to my sister's room, shutting it tightly behind me before I did something stupid.

'Breathe Marie, just breathe,' I coax myself. 'It's just one night. You can do one night it won't be that bad.' Feeling a sudden determination, I walk to Beth's closet to take out a pair of sweat pants and white thermal tank top that'll fit him. With one final, calming breath I start walking back into the living room.

"Here's your-Oh my god!" With the spitting image of Ethan's godly chest right in view, I drop the clothes at my feet to quickly cover my eyes. "Why are you naked?!"

Ethan's deep laugh is heard from across the room. "I'm not naked. At least not completely."

"I'm not naked. At least not completely." I mock him with my hands still covered over my eyes, "You have no shirt on."

"So?"

"So? So you almost gave me a damn heart attack that's what!"

"Oh, I didn't know my impeccable abs were capable of giving somebody such a traumatic experience." He chuckles, amused.

Just registering what he just said, I make the mistake of removing my hand to place them on my hips.

I struggle to keep my eyes on his seeing that his taut chest is available for the naked eye to see. Great. Now I'm saying naked. See! There I go. Frustrated, I glare at him. "Why don't you have a shirt on?"

"I don't sleep with one on." He shrugs, taking small, hesitant steps towards me.

He doesn't wear a shirt at night? Out of curiosity I can't help but glance at Ethan's chest which is now only a foot in front of me. Sucking in a sharp, surprised breath, I turn completely around mainly in shock of how close he is to me but also in embarrassment. I'm pretty sure he can tell that I'm blushing, which only adds on to it.

Silence envelopes us. I should say something. No, I should just walk away and go to bed. But, somehow something in me forces me to stay rooted in my spot.

After a few seconds, I feel Ethan's hard chest brush against my back. The heat of him warms me like a blanket. My eyes widen in utter shock.

'What are you doing?!' I want to say, but can't seeing as I'm too busy trembling with need. A need I haven't felt in a long time...

"Do I make you nervous, Marie." At the mention of my name passing through his lips, I can't help but let out a visible shiver. I guess that was answer enough because without preamble he closes the tiny distance between us and rubs the length of my arms with his rough but gentle hands.

A gasp leaves my lips when I feel his at the nape of my neck. "Ethan." I whimper, rolling my head to the side to give him more access. Taking the bait, he applies more pressure to my neck leaving hot wet kisses up and down the length of it. His cool fingers slip under the hem of my dress as I press my ass into his hard groin. Our breathes mingle together as our bodies move in a rhythm made up between the two of us: slow, but aggressive.

As soon as his fingers reach my mid thigh, my eyes pop open.

Shit. What am I doing? I've never done anything like this. Hell, I haven't even had my time yet and still here I am with my TA in the most intimate moment I've had with a man.

I have to stop before this gets too far and it'll be too late for us to stay friends...for him to back out.

"Ethan. We need to stop." I struggle to say.

Almost immediately, he retreats his hand from under my dress and jumps back. "I-I..."

I don't wait for an explanation because there really isn't one. It was a spur of the moment and we both took advantage. That's all.

Bracing myself, though, I turn around and look up at him with a faint smile on my lips. "It's alright. Good night."

He reaches behind his head to scratch his neck, "Yeah..good night."

And with that I turn around and head into Beth's room. Feeling completely numb, I change into a pair of pajama shorts and a fitted shirt.

It's not until I get into bed that I actually feel something. You know, that heart quenching feeling? This feeling that I've sworn to stay away from because the last time that I felt this it hurt too bad.

Shit.

~~~~~~~~

Yea!!!! I updated! Did you like it? No yes? Let me know in the comments. Oh and don't forget to vote! Thanks for reading lovlies :) Until next time.