Chapter 1

Chapter 1

[Marie's POV]

"So how's your first day going?" Bethany asks, eagerly.

About an hour after my "run-in" with Ethan, I sat in my tiny dorm thinking about how green his eyes were and how much I just wanted to run my hands through sandy blondeish brown hair. After finally coming to my senses and realizing that all Ethan is is a boy, a "college" boy at that, I got on the bus to my older sisters apartment.

She only lives, according to MapQuest, 8 minutes away from the college. Lucky for me she said if I don't like my roommate then I can move in with her. Temporarily, of course.

I smile warmly at her, "It's not actually my first day, but it was...okay." I say trying to hide my smile. I can't help but feel so...gooey.

But, unfortunately, I can't get anything past Beth. Eyeing me skeptically, she coos, "What happened? Did you meet someone."

I just shrug my shoulders. "It was nothing," I mutter.

"Ahhh! You totally did didn't you?" She squeals, jumping up then tucking her legs under her as she jumps up and down on the couch.

My eyes widen in surprise, "Jesus Beth!"

Beth just waves me off, continuing on with her annoying interrogation. Settling in her seat, she asks, "So, what's his name?"

"Ethan."

"White or black?"

"White."

"Mmmhhmmm...I knew you liked white chocolate."

I mentally and literally slap myself on the forehead, "Ugh!"

Instead of stopping, like a regular person, she just goes on with her questions, "Is he tall? Oooh, or what about his eyes? Are they blue? Or brown. Eh...that's a little boring. What about..." I swear, once she's on a roll, she will never stop. Which is why this moment calls for alcohol.

"Can I get a beer?"

She continues to chatter on so I stand, walking down the hall and into the kitchen with Beth in toe. Once I reach the fridge, I open it and grab a Bud Lite. I turn around to get the beer bottle opener on the counter behind me, but Beth is blocking my way.

With her arms crossed over her chest, she grimaces, "Why won't you just drink wine like regular women."

Shrugging, I reach around her to get the medal opener. Placing it on my bottle's cap, I lift my hand, successfully opening the cold beverage. I bring the rim to my lips and endure the tangy taste of it.

After 2 gulps, a satisfied grin appears on my lips when I lift it away from my mouth.

My sister just stands there, staring at me.

I open my mouth to ask her what's wrong, but instead something else comes out.

BURP!

"Ugh! Your such a guy!" Bethany squeals in disgust, reaching around me to reach into the fridge for her glass of wine.

"And your such a girl." I retort before taking another sip.

"How do you expect a guy to like you when you burp so unladylike."

I laugh at her response, not sarcastically either. I don't actually find this offensive. I know I'm not the most... etiquette informed person. I mean, I act more like a guy than any girl I know, in that sense anyways. So do I care that a guy won't like me because I don't like to be restricted to little things like this? Nope.

"Well, I guess I'd be single for the rest of my life then. You'll just have to wipe my ass when I can't wipe myself. You know, since I won't have a husband to do it for me." I giggle, only to earn a glare from my overly worried sister.

"I'm serious Mare. Your turning 19 in about two weeks. Don't you want your first boyfriend?"

Now it's my turn to glare at her, "I don't need a boyfriend." Rolling her eyes, she leans back against the counter behind her and I the fridge.

"Well," she pauses to take a sip of her wine, "you definitely need to get laid."

I damn near choke on my own spit at her words. "Bethany! What the fuck?! I do not need to get laid!"

"Right." She says in a condescending tone while rolling her eyes.

I just look down at my beer in my hands. Water vapor drips down the side of the bottle as I rub my fingers across its neck.

It would be nice, though. I mean I am damn near grown. Though I'm still a virgin and boyfriendless. Talk about innocent.

Then, out of nowhere Beth says, "Maybe Ethan can release your tension."

I immediately shake my head, "That's not gonna happen."

"Why not!" Beth pouts.

Jeez she sounds like a five year old.

"Because Beth, we just met. He asked me for directions to the freakin' registration. That doesn't mean we're gonna end up in each others pants the next moment we see each other." I rant.

Beth puts her hands up in defense, "Okay! Just saying!"

A second passes before I say anything, "Plus, he's..." I don't finish, I just shake my head, dismissing it.

"He's what? Ugly?"

"No."

"Sexy?"

"No. Well, yes. But that's not the reason."

"Then, what is?"

I lightly bite my bottom lip before saying, "Because...he's white."

The kitchen is silent for a moment. Bethany doesn't say or even do anything other than stare at me. It must've been forever before she actually did. Well, not forever but...forever.

"It's not like that up here."

I scoff, "Does it matter?"

Beth nods her head, "Understandable. But, you can't depict this off of another situation."

And that ladies and gentlemen is my que.

Rolling my eyes, I throw my hand, that's not holding the beer, up, "Nevermind. I have to go. Bye."

"Marie..." She starts to say, but I just walk past her and down the hall. I slip my purse over shoulder and slide my converse on my feet.

"Seriously?" Beth dead pans, holding her hands on either one of her hips.

Ignoring her, I just walk straight out the door, down the stares, and far far away from that topic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BOOMM!!!! Hope you liked it :D Thanks so much for reading! Please comment, vote, & fan. PLEAAASEEE!!!

P.s More amazingness to come ;) Thanks again!