Chapter 24

WARNING: Sexual content ;1
You have been warned!

~~

Chapter 24

[Marie's POV]

Two Months Later

It's funny how shortlived happiness can be.

It's even more hilarious when you can't find anything like it, again. Yeah, that was sarcasm.

Two months have passed since that whole thing with Ethan and I'm not gonna lie, I was heartbroken. Still am, I'm just better at hiding it now. Somehow, though, I'm managing to hold it together. I've never cried in front of anyone who didn't need to see which is everyone except Brittany, Dym, and my Mom.

Thanksgiving was a shit-show of emotional crap that, now that I think about it, really needed to happen in order for me not to have a complete breakdown in front of everyone. So when it was time to come back to school, I was able to even look Ethan in the eye without tearing up like a wimp. I no longer avoided places like, The Beet, where I knew he occupied.

No doubt it's hard to move on from Ethan, especially when he's my damn TA. But, with these new distractions it'll get easier.

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

"Go ahead. I'll be here. Alone. Like every other night." I inform my sister as I hop up on one of the bar stools.

Bethany raises a skeptical but articulately arched eyebrow my way. I roll my eyes at her hesitation. I swear she's been treating me like a new born puppy looking for it's mom's nipple for food ever since the the thing happened. "Please go." I say more annoyed than encouraging.

She puts her hands up in surrender, "Fine, fine. Just making sure." She chides before slipping her hand into Nick's. He throws me a warm smile before dragging her off to the dance floor.

Thank God.

"Bartender!" I yell, smiling politely when I catch his attention. "Can I have a vodka and coke, please?"

"Sure thing." The very buff bartender nods, quickly whipping up the drink. Before I know it I'm on my third and feeling very loose.

"Can I buy you a drink?" A tall, dark and very handsome stranger suddenly asks.

Subtly, I glance at the guy who actually has the guts to approach me. He has a dark complexion, a nice rich chocolate. Also, he has one of those faces that you can't help but like. Hmmm...

"Already have one." I force a polite smile, momentarily holding up my drink.

He smirks, flashing me with his pearly whites. "I'll buy your next one," Tall, Dark, and Handsome makes himself comfortable on the bar stool next to mine.

I raise my eyebrow at his ballsiness. "Persistent aren't we?"

He shrugs, turning his whole body towards me. He's kind of in my personal space, but I don't mind. I kind of like this guys forwardness. It's refreshing. "Well, you're a very beautiful girl so what can I really lose?"

"Your pride and dignity."

Tall, Dark, and Handsome puts his hand over his heart in mock hurt, "You wound me."

A real smile comes to my lips this time, "Fine, I'll bite. You wanna dance?"

"Yes, please." He eagerly stands, holding out his hand.

I playfully roll my eyes before I down my drink. I slip my hand into his, allowing him to lead us to the middle of the sweaty, dancing people. His large, slightly calloused hands settle on my hips as I start to move to the beat. After a while I turn around, grinding my ass into his front. The alcohol is definitely doing it's job at making me feel all warm and open or else I'll still be on that bar stool sipping my delicious drink.