Chapter 7

Chapter 7

[Marie's POV]

Squeezing our way through the compacted bodies that are grinding and fist pumping on the dance floor, Ethan and I are forced together. All of a sudden someone elbows me causing me to stumble forwards a bit. Our chests collide as our faces remain only a few inches away from one another.

Jeez! People are so aggressive!

"Sorry," I apologize to Ethan, who's trying real hard not to laugh.

Well, I'm glad my embarrassment is funny to him.

Shrugging, he leans down closer while the fingers on his right hand expand around my hip. Shocked by the sudden action, I freeze in my spot.

'What is he doing?' I find myself thinking but don't find the energy to care since I'm enjoying it way too much.

"Dance with me." He mumbles into my ear. His breath blows against my skin as he says this. I accidentally shiver which of course he sees which only causes his grip on my hip to tighten as he sways our bodies to the song blaring through the speakers. I can feel his left hand snaking up to the middle of my back, pushing me closer.

Complying with ease, I then decide to put my hands on his shoulders but it's a little harder with the dancing part since I'm trying really hard not to press even more into him.

To be honest, I look like one of those blow up noodles you sometimes see on the outside of car dealerships.

Chuckling lowly, "Relax Marie. I won't bite."

For some reason I shiver at his words. Something about it..it just..I don't know it seems so, seductive. Nonetheless I listen.

Bracing myself, I relax into him. As soon as I do, I automatically feel safe and a bit turned on. The thumping music around us makes the moment that much more heated as I start moving my body in perfect sync with his. Ethan's hands push the lower parts of our bodies together causing an involuntary moan to escape my lips.

Thank goodness the music is so loud I don't have to worry about him hearing that little slip.

As Hunger of the Pine by alt-j comes on I turn around and start dancing with Ethan with our lower halves moving against one another. A grin creeps up to my lips when I feel a groan escape his. But to in utter shock, a bulge in his pants grows as I continue to grind against him.

So I guess he likes it then.

Biting my lip, I turn back around to face him only to be met with his dark hooded eyes. It feels like time has slowed, but at the same time it feel like I'm running a marathon. I know I want him and he knows it too. The right thing to do is pull away. Pull far far away before I do something stupid. But, I can't find the strength to do it.

Slowly, I push up onto my tip-toes so that our noses are touching but mouths are just centimeters away. His eyes look lost on my lips.

As if something's cracked inside him, Ethan pulls away.

I should be disappointed. Hell I should be hurt. But, I understand the situation too much to feel that way. If he kissed me, if we became involved in any way, shape, or form we'd both get into trouble.

Sighing, I lay my head against his chest. He stands still for a moment but after a couple seconds, he rests his arms around my back, hugging me to his chest.

In a way, just being here in this sex smelling, smoky club with Ethan is better than any spur of the moment kiss.

"What the fuck!" We hear someone shout from behind us.

Recognizing it as Beth's voice, I immediately break away from Ethan to look in the direction of her shouting.

Right around the spot where we first came in by the bar, there stands Beth with a furious and almost tearful expression. In front of her is Nick with his fists in the shirt of a black man.

Already knowing what's gonna happen, Ethan and I rush to the scene.

"If you ever touch my girl again, I swear to god bro I will make you eat your fucking dick!" Nick growls, pushing the man away from him.

The man stumbles for a little while but quickly straightens himself out. "Nigga, please. I would beat yo ass and make that bitch over there suck my dick-"

Before the prick could utter another word out of his mouth I storm up to him and punch the living shit out of him. With that one punch, he's now lying on the club floor with blood tricking from his nose and mouth.

The crowd around us erupt into a whole bunch of damn's an oooh's.

"Dick head." I spit, kicking him in the nuts hard.

That's gonna hurt when he wakes up.

Satisfied, I turn around with my right hand cradled in my left.

Damn that hurt.

When I face Ethan, Nick, and Beth they all just stare at me with shocked expressions.

"What? I work out."

They stare at me for a second before breaking into smiles.

"What you just did was fucking amazing." Beth laughs, bringing me into a tight hug. Even though she's laughing, I can sense the tension still lingering.

"What happened?" I ask her when we pull away.

Before she can even say a word, Nick says, "We should go before security kicks us out."

Without a response, he grabs Beth's hand and rushes her to the exit. Confused, me and Ethan follow close behind.

Once in the car, Nick jams the car key in the ignition and starts the car up. He glares hard on the road as if he's trying to kill it.

The car ride back to Beth's place is absolutely awkward. I wonder what that sad excuse of a man did to Beth that made Nick so mad. I'll just ask her when we get back to her place. I hop out of the car when we park in front of Beth's apartment.

"Beth's coming back with me. So Ethan your gonna have to either call a cab or stay here." Nick lowly orders.

Okay, so I guess I'll have to find out tomorrow.

Rolling his eyes, Ethan gets out of the passenger seat and holds the door out for Beth. When she's safely inside, Ethan closes the door.

"Drive safe." We both say to the couple before they speed off probably to Nick's place.

"Okay well I guess I'll call a cab then." Ethan says, but he makes no move to get his phone.

"Or you can come inside. It's only," pulling out my phone I check the time. "It's only 2:30 in the morning."

He smirks, "Only."

I teasingly roll my eyes, "Yes or no?"

Chuckling lowly, he nods his head, "I'd love to come in."

Trying to hide my smile, I turn around and start walking up the steps. When we get to the door, I pull the key out and unlock the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Cliffhanger oooo... Lol I hope you liked it! Please vote and comment and fan :) It'd mean a lot! Thanks for reading you awesome people :)