True Lies

*A month later*

“Well, it’s definitely worth a shot, yeah? I’ll try and get Karlie to reach out for sure,” the singer spoke into her phone, her posture steady against the glass window.

An early February evening had her hidden behind the four walls of her house, trying to figure out what to do about something that she had discovered lately (a few hours ago, to be exact). She hardly seemed to contain herself, her blue eyes sparkling as she cast a furtive glance in the direction of the night sky. Her eyes followed the faint trail of a shooting star, that shot across but for tonight, she had nothing to ask for; for all she had, she was ever grateful and that too, she considered her joy to be in excess.

A positive pregnancy test, stood on the table behind her and a couple more; just for surety or maybe amusement that she and Karlie then had a sign of their love, a little someone progressing day by day in her womb. They had tried for in-vitro a week ago, and it seemed only right that she conduct the test after a period of 7 days. Hard as she tried not to leap or cry, tears ran down her cheeks as she gripped on the phone tightly.

“Hey,” Karlie whispered through the other end, one hand on the steering wheel and her index finger coiled around her cigarette.

“Come home soon. I’ve got news for you,” Taylor replied, her phone balanced between her ears and shoulders as she continued to stir the broth for their dinner. A perfect dinner for the two, and then dessert would be sweeter than Karlie ever had in her life.

“Oh, what news? I’m coming home, anyways. You can tell me now, if you wish.” The model asked, her fist thumping against the steering wheel while her lips released silvery white wisps of smoke. The streets were full right then, and it would definitely take her an hour or two to reach home from the looks of it.

“Nothing, just be home soon.” Taylor answered, cutting the call as she set it down on the table and continued to wonder as to how would she break the news to the model. Hopefully, Karlie would be as ecstatic as she herself was, maybe more if luck would favour her. But then, a baby was all they ever wanted since long back and what more could they really ask for, now that the world was at their feet?

Though the word was out that they were engaged and everything, the singer still shuddered to think about how the media would take to the news of her and Karlie, expecting a baby. Very well aware of how the paparazzi (and her own family, for that matter) perceived the model to be a person, of blunt character and repelling nature but only the blonde knew how lovable and caring she was. Atleast to her.

Their own little world was perfect for her to live in, and anyone who did try to break their precious little bubble would totally have to be a Devil incarnation, if not more. Nevertheless, Taylor set out the the dinner table for her and Karlie, placing all the dishes and cutlery proper after which she was about to turn over to the bedroom, only to have been interrupted by another phone call.

Smiling on noticing that it was her fiancée again, the singer picked up the phone and walked over to her bedroom, to find herself spare shorts and a better fitting jumper for the night.

“Hello?” Taylor asked in a sing song voice, and on hearing cursing on the other end, threw her head back in laughter as she shuffled through the closet.

“Hey, I just heard. Dennis and the other bodyguards are on holiday?” Karlie questioned, her eyes trained upon the pedestrians that were yelling for her to come at them, now that she had just stopped the car by the end of the street. “Sorry!”

“Oh, yeah you know they had some stuff to take care of? I’ll be fine, honestly,” Taylor answered, rolling her eyes as she buttoned her denim bottoms and turned her head in the direction of the doorbell’s ring.