Love Me Harder

Super-fhanks to louise, who helped me out with the terrible writer's block I had, omg I love you so much for having helped me up.

---------------------------------------

Clouds of silvery-white smoke floated around Karlie, who sat amidst all of the smoke that swayed past her into oblivion. Observing the variable pattern of vapour that surrounded her, she was won't to prompt about the days back when she was 18 and tried to fist the smoke clouds in her fragile little hands. She used to be so optimistic about life then, promises of the future dazzling her like a young child that felt like reaching for the stars. Four years into the future, and here she was, drinking out of a cup of strong coffee to keep her awake even though it was midday and she still had work to take care of.

Taylor was out, interacting with some fans or the sort, which Karlie was least interested in doing at the moment. given how dead beat she felt right then. It had been about 2 days since they came back from the camping trip, which was anything but a source of merriment for the model. Trekking throughout the mixed forests, cut off from the outside world had exasperated her to no extent, especially with the mess of a wife she had to put up with. The natural ecosystem did make her ecstatic for sometime, but there was just something around her, something that she couldn't lay a finger on; that made her go haywire over every minute she was with Taylor. It wasn't a valid reason perchance, but simply the presence of the singer around her could maybe tranquilize her and the same had the potential to agitate her such that she was afraid that she might do something that she would regret in the near future.

Such thoughts stirred in her mind, while she glanced around the smoke filled bedroom that was cluttered with clothes, lingerie and boxer shorts scattered across the bed. Unless she was very wrong, Taylor had informed her that her brother, would be visiting later in the night and was going to stay up until the next 2 days. And the thought of a stranger stepping into her disorganized home? Karlie wasn't going to let that happen, was she now?

Flicking the ash towards the dustbin and impressing the burnt butt against the marble, Karlie got up and strode over to her bed. Picking up all off the Victoria's Secret lingerie and her workout attire, she tossed it into the closet before she went in to the bath.

As soon as the drops of water hit her sore muscles, she slicked her dark hair back and slammed her fists on the wall. Water trickling down her bare back had her reminiscing about the waterfall back in the cool, mixed forests where she had been stranded along with Taylor for a lingering 2 days. Closing her eyes so as to forget about the singer, whom she always found her way back to, Karlie pressed her lips together in vowed silence as she reminisced about the kiss.

It was definitely unlike anything that she had ever experienced before. For the first time, it wasn't a sloppy or a heated makeout session, just a tender touch shared by two people, who were yearning for human contact within the confines of an estranged forest. But a rather horrifying thought crossed Karlie's mind as she stepped out of the bath and wrapped a towel around her naked self.

Clutching the edges of the sink, she bent down to look at the mirror, while her fingers played with the knot in her hair.

She couldn't possibly feel something for Taylor, could she? Possibly a little more love and a lot less hate than the first time, she met her?

* * *

"That was pretty killer."

Karlie laughed, clinking glasses with Lily Aldridge and Martha, who had arrived less than 15 minutes earlier. Everyone around them had their eyes on Karlie, who stood alone, leaning against the railing while she glanced around at the colossal crowd, who was dying to see Taylor and her alleged love interest, Matt Healy as Karlie was aware of then. According to Aaron, Taylor had been seeing the bandboy secretly for the past two months, but Karlie knew that those were mere speculations. What after the drunken night and their accidental engagement, Karlie was sure that the romance was sure-fire to end, when the poor little British lad would come to know that his pretty ass girlfriend was into mademoiselles.