Defying Rules

"Ahem."

An almost bald man dressed in a black suit coughed, and the others around him looked apprehensively at Karlie, who was sitting in a chair in front of them, a cigarette between her parted lips.

Taylor, who was seated right next to her, had had coughing bouts over the continuous smoking that the model went ahead with. The singer felt that the carton of cigarettes was already over, at the rate she was going.

Letting out a puff of smoke, Karlie glanced up at the management that had collected around her, watching over her as if she was a convicted criminal.

Sighing and then sitting up straight, Karlie glared at Scott Borchetta who was continuously staring at Taylor, for having had committed such a big mistake.

"Annulment would be an option."

One of the woman situated between two porky men on the team stated, going through the file of papers that each of them had been provided with : the copy of their marriage certificates and the apparent loss that they would have to face.

"What do you mean it's an option? It's the only option."

Karlie spoke up for the first time since they had entered the room, wearing an expression of despicable anger and hate.

Hate would be an understatement for what Karlie felt for Taylor. The morning that had brought down upon them all of their careers and so much media attention that it was hard to cope with it, for one. Karlie fully apportioned the blame towards Taylor, considering that she was the "wiser" of the two and she was the one that had an album release recently, not her.

Karlie's publicists had been up on con-calls with her, the entire morning chiding her for her decision and mistake, angering her even further. All this while, she glowered at Taylor for having screwed it up.

Who in their right mind gets married to someone, who doesn't even give a fuck about them?

The people around them broke into conversations, talking out about how the annulment would go and the million ways in which this drunken mistake would affect Taylor's career. Another man, a lean one there with glasses perched on the top of his nose, asked:

"There's about 20 news channel reporters standing out there, ready to pounce upon you, the moment you walk out of here. A situation like this, Miss Swift and all of your success would be a thing of the past. We have come up with a plan, but we need Miss Kloss here to co-operate."

Taylor side glanced at Karlie, who let down her cigarette on the ashtray as she raised her eyebrows in question of the statement.

The man named Cameron went on to explain further.

"We are going to need you to be a couple for 2 months. As in live in together, go out to charity events, do everything that celebrity couples do."

The others nodded, agreeing to the proposal as Taylor watched on in wide-eyed wonder, thinking about how it would work.

A round of strong drinks and here she was, sitting in the management's office, lawfully wedded to the person, sitting right next to her who seemed to want to murder her the first chance she got.

Looking at Karlie, no one would imagine in their wildest dreams that she was that self centred or immune to feelings. For everyone knew that the girl would be merry and cheerful on occasions such as parties and balls, very few did know of this other side of her personality. Taylor was absolutely sure that the girl was bipolar, given the different shades of her personality that Taylor now was in full exposure to. Last night seemed like a distant dream.