Know You Better Now

Taylor was sleeping right beneath an ancient pinewood tree, whose leaves seemed to be shedding the very same time. A few got caught up in the singer's hair but she was already so consumed in sleep that she hardly even moved from her position, her head laid back against the bag that Karlie had left and her left leg propped on her right, made Karlie regret her decision for having agreed to keep the watch over that night.

A rustle of leaves and catcalls into the night had Karlie frustrated to no extent. Even though it had only been an hour or two ever since they got lost in the woods, the model could already see those as the worst days of her life.

Only a few essentials in her bag like her water bottle (which was now entirely empty), a pack of light smokes and the lighter didn't exactly make the couple jump with joy. Taylor literally cringed on seeing that the girl actually had cigarettes in her bag pack but did not have the decency to bring along a torch, which could be more helpful than the nicotine that would make her lungs exhale smoke.

Running her eyes throughout the better part of the forest, Karlie brushed her hair aside from her face and got up to have a look around, maybe explore a little bit since she could see that the troublesome singer was already sound asleep and if Karlie didn't know better, it would be time before Taylor would really wake up.

Karlie dragged herself towards the group of trees that were drawn together, their trunks hard to touch. She ran a hand throughout the length of the trunk, her fingers feeling through the substance of the wood.

Something caught her eyes once she stopped at a particular point, paying attention to what she was doing for the first time.

A light white chalk mark on the trunk, that had the arrows pointing towards the next tree. Quickly glancing at the next tree, she realized that an arrow was drawn upon it too, referring to an empty space (or so she thought) towards the northern part of it.

Her hazel eyes switched to the figure, who was lying beneath the tree past her, with her bag pack as a head rest and deciding that Taylor would be safe, until the time she got back atleast made Karlie start striding in accordance with the directions of the arrow, the last of which surprisingly led her to a stream.

Now it so happened, that the stream held a bridge, a crooked one there, which seemed like it could only carry a single person at the time. Across the wooden bridge, stood an oak wood tree, with a large white circle drawn on it with a chalk. A narrow stream, that housed white pebbles, that shone in the moonlight and sand that followed each side, around the stream where lay a million other aquatic creatures.

In a way, it gave Karlie hope - knowing that there were living creatures, engaged in the forest, be it a tiger, a batch of squirrels or even a panther. Karlie had no idea how would she would tackle them along with a girl beside her, who would cry if an insect dropped dead, but yet the human mind works in mysterious ways, doesn't it?

Squinting her eyes for her vision was a bit blurred right then, Karlie stepped onto the bridge, once curiosity gripped her for the better and placed her hand on either side of the rope, trying to fit in through the bridge. Dark water glistened on either side of the bridge, the reflection of the Moon evident in the disturbance.

Creaking sound of the undeveloped bridge followed her, once she stepped off of it, a million crickets that still managed to annoy the hell out of her and the frogs by the banks that continued croaking, had her hold her head in frustration.

Karlie shot a look at the trunk and walked towards it, as quietly she could manage to and placed her hand on the trunk. The branches that were widespread, covered all of the night sky, that were inlaid with a constellation of the brightest stars, still had what seemed like a cuckoo nest attached to it.