Make It All Right

"And yes, Murray that's alright. Send me the papers, I'll have a look."

Ivonne said to the man on speaker phone, her eyes constantly flicking to Taylor, who was seated uncomfortably in her chair and fidgeting with the hem of her shirt.

"So Taylor. How can I help you? Been a while since I last saw you, huh? And you seem to grow thinner everytime I meet you! Andrea should be knocking down my front door any moment now."

Ivonne said, putting down the phone as she rose up from her chair to have a better look at Taylor.

A thick neck adorned by a pearl necklace, her hair graced by a red bow and her face that had so much makeup on, it seemed that she had bought on all the expensive makeup available in New York. Yet, she had a thick collarbone and overlong arms and legs that gave her a look of a fussy, catwoman in her late 30s enjoying her life extensively.

"Nope, Ivonne. I am-"

She was interrupted by her guardian's hands, pulling apart strands of her hair, examining them minutely as if it were a bacterial sample under a microscope.

Typical Ivonne, making sure that Taylor had no lice on her hair or anything.

Ivonne was one of Taylor's guardians, providing emotional and intellectual support whenever she needed it. A woman in her late 30s, she was the one whom Taylor turned to, should she need help with anything, be it friendship troubles or relationships or even scheming of songs.

"And has there been nothing I should know of that has happened, since I've been away on my travels?"

Ivonne asked, styling Taylor's hair into fringes and setting them to the side.

"Yes, that's all better darling."

Taylor smiled gratefully as Ivonne strutted towards her chair and took a seat as she put down her phone in front of her.

A raise of her eyebrows and Taylor understood what she was supposed to do.

Pulling out her iPhone out of her back pocket, she placed it in front of her, on top of a file.

"Taylor."

Ivonne frowned a bit, before Taylor breathed heavily and took out her iPod and placed it on top of the phone.

"As I asked you earlier, now that we're free from distractions. Is there something about your life that I should know of, Taylor? Something I might have missed out upon?"

Taylor froze upon her seat, her blue eyes being x-rayed by the emerald ones in front of her, ones that reminded her of her wife that the woman in front of her knew nothing about.

But who was she to judge, when she had had about 3 husbands herself?

Ivonne Graynor, was the head of a fair few publishing houses, as one could easily predict given the huge library of books that Taylor was now running her eyes around in order to prevent herself from pouring out that she had accidentally married a sex addict, under the influence of alcohol and in the spur of a moment.

"No, no nothing after Harry."

Taylor replied softly, her eyes glaring at her lap as she felt a bit queasy under the constant observation of her guardian, entrusted by Andrea herself and a promise given to Ivonne from Andrea wasn't something that Ivonne was going to break, not recently at least.

"Very well, then. I am supposing you have well, for want of a better word, changed your preferences towards romantic relationships?"

Ivonne asked, her arms resting on her chair as she stared at the figure in front of her, her own goddaughter who seemed to be hiding something from her, Ivonne was very well aware of it, but she didn't know what, since it had only been in the morning that she had now returned from her trip to France.