Call For Help

"I'm given to understand that you're married then?"

Ivonne asked Karlie, who had her head hung low in shame as she stood in front of her aunt, to explain all of what had happened during the period of her absence.

Though the woman was around 37 and single if it was of much importance, the woman had about as many men under her as were the rings on her fingers and an alimony that could outlast Karlie's income any time, yet Karlie was rather unperturbed by the fact that Ivonne Graynor, famous socialite was her aunt.

After their hangout at the cafè, Ivonne had led the couple into her house immediately, her silence being the numb calm to a slowly growing storm.

The paparazzi went on a photographing spree, clicking away at the sight of the newly wedded couple, wearing sour expressions on their faces and well dressed to their fancy, Karlie in a lumberjack plaid shirt and Taylor in polka dotted leggings and a trenchcoat.

"Yes, I am."

Karlie answered, her eyes staring at her white sneakers, that had grown a bit dusty throughout their walk from the cafè to the library.

Taylor had already had her turn of talking to Ivonne for about an hour, while Karlie waited outside for the past hour, thinking about how Taylor could possibly know her blood-related aunt.

"And that too, under influence of alcohol, as I have so heard?"

Karlie nodded her head, quickly running an eye throughout the room before she got back to staring at her Nike sneakers.

"On top of it, as Taylor has been bold enough to confess to me, ypu have been sleeping around with women ever since the day?"

Her high pitched voice sounded, frightening Karlie a little as she stepped back to take a better look at her, only to find her staring at her face in disappointment and sheer unclarity.

Karlie nodded again, as memories of Erica leaving and the last two girls who had left in the morning flooded her.

"The sex was great, don't blame me for wanting it."

Karlie mumbled to herself, her features twisting into a smirk before it released to form a fallen expression.

"I have talked to Taylor. I must say, I'm extremely, entirely downcasted by your behaviour, Karlie. After everything you have been so irresponsible to let happen, you seem to have no regrets on having been unfaithful to your legally wedded wife."

Ivonne stated, her fingers tapping the books on top of her table.

Karlie looked up at her, her eyes having the same old steely glare to them.

"I didn't want to. She didn't have to. She could have prevented it, if she wanted. How am I unfaithful in this situation? I am 22, I should be having fun. It's high time I get what I wanted."

Karlie retorted, her eyes meeting her aunt's green ones in a locked gaze.

"I've been noticing that attitude of yours, Karlie. From my constant observations, I will conclude you are self destructive. Call me merciless, but yes you are. I should have been supervising you ever since you moved from Chicago."

Ivonne adjusted her grip on the chair, before taking a deep breath to continue.

"Now that it has happened, perchance you will understand how important it is to have someone by your side and to your aid, should you need it."

"I don't need help. I'm fine by myself."

Karlie replied harshly, clutching onto the chair as her anger rose rapidly, such that the veins in her neck popped out and those in her temple somewhat defined now.