Night Changes

"What, you brought clothes for the animals too??"

Karlie questioned to which Taylor replied with a snort, as she held onto her backpack which was filled with clothes and necessities that she would be requiring for the camping trip that Alessandra had organised.

The station was completely filled with commuters, who even though being a Friday afternoon, were engrossed in their work and other commitments. Constant footsteps and people shoving the girls here and there, had tired Taylor, who gave up and sat on a bench in the middle of the havoc, while Karlie left to get herself some coffee.

Fifteen minutes into the dark subway, and both the girls were pushing and charging their way into the subway train, that was supposed to leave at 12.

"Hit 'em, Taylor!"

Karlie yelled, as she elbowed her way in, and watched the singer fight amongst the crowd, but to no avail. Her excessive baggage and frail stature failed to attain any sort of leverage, which frustrated Karlie to no end.

"The fuck???"

Karlie raised her hands, when the doors closed and Taylor had still not gotten in, panting heavily whilst holding onto her luggage on the platform.

About an hour later, while Taylor was sitting on the same bench, waiting for the next train, she heard the all too familiar screech of her wife.

"Can your fat ass not even board a fricking subway train?"

Karlie breathed heavily, holding onto her knees as she sat down besides Taylor, who was shocked as to why had Karlie come back.

Smiling to herself on seeing the sweaty model, dressed in a casual sleeved shirt and dark jeans murmuring under her breath, something about "spoilt brats", Taylor offered her half a sandwich.

"Yes, at least you got some brains, blondie."

Karlie spoke, biting into the chicken sandwich as she looked around to see the platform almost deserted, yet hearing announcements about the next train that was about to reach in fifteen minutes.

"Plan on boarding this one or should I go alone?"

Karlie asked before wiping her chin with a tissue and still holding onto her backpack, that was unusually large but wasn't it supposed to be, when she had all her essentials in it?

"Alright, give me one. I'll hold onto it."

Karlie reached out for one of Taylor's massive bags, that held all of her camping essentials.

"Did you like just fill these with stones or something?"

Karlie groaned, picking it up with all her strength and then landing it onto the ground since it was too heavy for her.

Taylor chuckled, getting up and making sure that they won't miss this train.

"Oh my God! Right in the face, Taylor!"

Karlie cheered her on, as Taylor quickly elbowed her way through the crowd and jumped into the train, while a rotund officer watched the train go away from the platform.

"And that's how you do it."

Karlie panted, loading the luggage onto one of the racks before settling down on the seat with Taylor.

Soon, the ticket checker entered, checking for miscreants and cheaters who had failed to buy a ticket and were travelling without it.

"Taylor. You do have the tickets, right?"

Karlie questioned, removing her earphones that were playing some of Shakira.

Taylor's eyes widened in shock, on hearing but she managed to reply.