Not My Type

Lila walked into school with a smile on her face. She had planned this day out to the tee. She would let Marinette have her false sense of security. She had been spreading seeds of doubt for over three years now. She knew the class would find it suspicious, but it wouldn't matter. Lila wouldn't tell anyone, anything about Marinette, today. She had bought a new dress and shoes for the occasion. She had to look her best after all. By the end of the day, she would be dating Adrien Agreste.

As their teacher allowed them to gather up their belongings before the final, Lila stood up and walked in front of Adrien's seat.

"Adrien, we've known each other and worked together for a couple years now. Will you go on a date with me?" Lila asked, playing up the innocent act.

Adrien stared at her in shocked, before finding his voice, "I'm sorry, Lila, but I don't want to date you."

'He...He said no!'

"Why?" Lila screamed, making the class jump back.

"I'm sorry, but you're just not my type." he replied

"How am I not your type?" Lila shouted, "I'm famous, a model, I'm beautiful, exotic-"

"So?" Adrien shrugged.

"So!" the Italian fumed.

"You don't look anything like the people I fantasize about." the young Agreste responded.

"What do you mean?" asked Kim.

"Yeah, Bro?" spoke Nino, "You've never really shared what kind of person you like."

"My first ever crush was on Ladybug." Adrien smiled.

No one noticed Lila's soured face.

"You told me that a girl didn't have to be super to get my attention, when we first met, but I was head over heels for her." he spoke, facing the class, "I thought she was amazing! Yeah, she's a hero, but she's smart and can outwit Hawkmoth. She called him out her first day as a hero and I just thought, 'Wow! She's the kind of girl that I want to marry'!"

Lila clenched her fist, in anger.

It was always Ladybug who got in her way.

"The first girl I ever dated was Kagami. She's determined, fierce, a fighter. She's smart an calculating, but we were too much alike so we ended things." Adrien continued, "The next girl I had a crush on was Marinette. She's also smart, fierce in her own way, kind clumsy, but in a cute way."

"Hey!" Mari shouted, drowned out by the girls squeals.

"But, I took too long and she's dating someone else. Apparently, she's into guys with green eyes; that's her type." Adrien smirked.

Marinette stuck her tongue out at him.

"What?" shouted Alya.

"Since when?" asked Alix.

"Like a year ago." Marinette shrugged, "Adrien and I still hang out. I told him I understood if he wanted space and that I knew what he was feeling. It was then that I told him that I had feelings for him before, but he was happy with Kagami so I moved on. It was hard, but I didn't want to be uncomfortable around him or them. They're both my friends and I knew that we would all hang out at some point."

"I think I avoided you for a month and it took like six to get over you." Adrien admitted.

Marinette smiled sadly and nodded, understanding.